In case you decide to spend your vacation in Rwanda, know that you are required to obtain a visa in advance. However, all nationalities that are not visa exempt have the opportunity to apply online for a Rwanda visa. iVisa ensures a smooth and fast application process. To learn more about the Rwanda e-visa, read the answers to the most frequently asked questions below.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
Are Ethiopian citizens eligible for a Rwanda e-visa?
Yes, the citizens of Ethiopia are among the nationalities that can apply online for a Rwanda visa.
What requirements must I meet to apply for a Rwanda visa online?
You will be happy to know that there are just a few. The Rwanda visa is not a demanding document to obtain. Here is what you will need:
- Passport – it needs to be valid for another 6 months after arrival, and one blank page is necessary
- Photo – it must be recent and taken on a white background
- E-mail address – you get your Rwanda e-visa via e-mail in PDF format.
- Means of payment – you can use a credit or debit card, but iVisa also takes PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat.
How much time do I have to wait for my application to be processed?
It depends on which processing timeframe you choose for your application. iVisa gives you three options. That way, you can opt for the one that you think is best for you. They are as follows:
- Standard processing – your Rwanda visa is ready within 7 days.
- Rush processing – you receive your travel document within 48 hours.
- Super Rush processing – your application is processed within just 24 hours.
Is it expensive to apply for a Rwanda visa online?
No. The cost of your Rwanda visa is determined by the processing time option you select. The fees are:
- Standard – USD 30.00
- Rush – USD 30.00
- Super Rush – USD 30.00
What is the period of validity for a Rwanda visa?
The Rwanda visa is valid for Single Entry.
For how long can I stay in Rwanda when traveling on a Rwanda e-visa?
With a Rwanda e-visa, you can stay in Rwanda for no more than 90 days Per Entry.
What is the Rwanda East Africa visa?
As an Ethiopian citizen, you are also eligible for a Rwanda East Africa visa. The document allows you to travel to Rwanda, but to Kenya and Uganda as well. That way, you do not have to obtain three different visas. Nevertheless, keep in mind that you must enter Rwanda first.
Do I need additional documents to obtain a Rwanda East Africa Visa?
Yes, but not many. In addition to what you need for the Rwanda visa, you must also provide the following:
- A travel itinerary
- Vaccination certificate for Yellow Fever
- Return flight ticket
- A contact in Uganda – this can be a person, a travel agency, an organization, etc.
What about Rwanda East Africa Visa processing time and fees?
- Standard processing – you receive your e-visa within 6 days, and you pay USD 100.00
- Rush processing – your application is processed within 4 days, and the cost is USD 100.00.
- Super Rush processing – you wait only 48 hours for your application to be processed, and you are charged USD 100.00.
How long is the Rwanda East Africa Visa valid for?
The Rwanda East Africa visa is valid for 90 days after arrival.
What about the number of entries and duration of stay?
You are granted Multiple Entry, and your stay cannot exceed 90 days Per Entry.