Are you planning to spend your vacation in Rwanda? Then keep in mind that you must get a visa before departure. Even so, you will be happy to learn that all non-visa exempt nationalities can apply for a Rwanda visa online. iVisa can assist you with the application process. Read the information provided below to learn more about the Rwanda e-visa.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
Are the citizens of Fiji eligible for a Rwanda e-visa?
Yes, as a Fijian national, you can [apply for a Rwanda visa online].
What requirements must I meet to apply for a Rwanda visa online?
Just a few. Plus, the document and information you need for a successful application process are easy to acquire. Here is what you will need to obtain a Rwanda visa:
- Passport – it needs to be valid for another 6 months after arrival, and one blank page is necessary
- Photo – it must be recent and taken on a white background
- E-mail address – you get your Rwanda e-visa via e-mail in PDF format.
- Means of payment – you can use a credit or debit card, but iVisa also takes PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat.
How much time do I have to wait for my application to be processed?
It is entirely up to you. iVisa will give you three options when it comes to processing time so that you can pick the one that is most convenient for you. They are as follows:
- Standard processing – your Rwanda visa is ready within 7 Business Days.
- Rush processing – you receive your travel document within 2 Business Days.
- Super Rush processing – your application is processed within just 1 Business Day.
Is it expensive to apply for a Rwanda visa online?
Not exactly. However, the cost of your Rwanda visa is established by the processing timeframe you choose for your application. Here are the fees for each choice:
- Standard – USD 50.00
- Rush – USD 50.00
- Super Rush – USD 50.00
What is the period of validity for a Rwanda visa?
The Rwanda visa is valid for Single Entry.
For how long can I stay in Rwanda when traveling on a Rwanda e-visa?
When you travel on a Rwanda e-visa, you can stay in Rwanda for up to 30 days Per Entry.
What is the Rwanda East Africa visa?
In case you decide to travel to Rwanda, Kenya, and Uganda in a single trip, you should know that the citizens of Ethiopia are also eligible for a Rwanda East Africa visa. The document will grant you entry in all three countries. However, for this type of visa to be valid, you need to enter Rwanda first.
Do I need additional documents to obtain a Rwanda East Africa Visa?
Yes, but not that many. Apart from the documents you need for a Rwanda visa, you will need the following as well:
- A travel itinerary
- Vaccination certificate for Yellow Fever
- Return flight ticket
- A contact in Uganda – this can be a person, a travel agency, an organization, etc.
What about Rwanda East Africa Visa processing time and fees?
The sooner you need your Rwanda East Africa visa, the more you will be charged, just like with the Rwanda visa. Once more, you get three options:
- Standard processing – you receive your e-visa within 6 Business Days, and you pay USD 100.00
- Rush processing – your application is processed within 4 Business Days, and the cost is USD 100.00.
- Super Rush processing – you wait only 2 Business Days for your application to be processed, and you are charged USD 100.00.
How long is the Rwanda East Africa Visa valid for?
The Rwanda East Africa visa has a validity period of 90 days after arrival.
What about the number of entries and duration of stay?
You get Multiple Entry, and your stay cannot exceed 90 days Per Entry.