In case you wish to travel to Rwanda for tourism purposes, know that you need to apply for a visa in advance unless you are exempt. Fortunately, Rwanda adopted the electronic visa system in 2018, meaning that you can obtain a Rwanda visa online, and iVisa can be of help. Below, you will find the answers to the most frequently asked questions about the Rwanda e-visa. It will help you learn more about it.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
Are the citizens of Finland eligible for a Rwanda e-visa?
Yes, as a Finnish national, you have access to a Rwanda visa online.
What requirements must I meet to apply for a Rwanda visa online?
You will notice that the list of requirements for a Rwanda visa is short, and the items on it are not difficult to acquire. Here is what you need:
- Passport – it needs to be valid for another 6 months after arrival, and one blank page is necessary
- Photo – it must be recent and taken on a white background
- E-mail address – you get your Rwanda e-visa via e-mail in PDF format.
- Means of payment – you can use a credit or debit card, but iVisa also takes PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat.
How much time do I have to wait for my application to be processed?
It depends on the processing timeframe you choose for your application. iVisa gives you three choices:
- Standard processing – your Rwanda visa is ready within 7 days.
- Rush processing – you receive your travel document within 48 hours.
- Super Rush processing – your application is processed within just 24 hours.
Is it expensive to apply for a Rwanda visa online?
No, and it can be really cheap. The cost of a Rwanda visa depends on the processing time option you select for your application. Naturally, the sooner you want the e-visa, the more you have to pay for it. Here are the fees:
- Standard – USD 30.00
- Rush – USD 30.00
- Super Rush – USD 30.00
What is the period of validity for a Rwanda visa?
The Rwanda visa is valid for Single Entry.
For how long can I stay in Rwanda when traveling on a Rwanda e-visa?
You can stay in Rwanda for no more than 30 days Per Entry.
What is the Rwanda East Africa visa?
If you decide that you want to visit Rwanda, but Kenya and Uganda too, you should know that the citizens of Finland are also eligible for a Rwanda East Africa visa. It will grant you entry in all three states. However, for this scheme to work, you need to visit Rwanda first.
Do I need additional documents to obtain a Rwanda East Africa Visa?
Yes, if you want to obtain a Rwanda East Africa visa, you will need the following documents along with the ones that you must have for the Rwanda visa:
- A travel itinerary
- Vaccination certificate for Yellow Fever
- Return flight ticket
- A contact in Uganda – this can be a person, a travel agency, an organization, etc.
What about Rwanda East Africa Visa processing time and fees?
Just like with the Rwanda visa, the cost of a Rwanda East Africa visa is established by the processing timeframe you select for your application. Again, iVisa gives you three options:
- Standard processing – you receive your e-visa within 6 days, and you pay USD 100.00
- Rush processing – your application is processed within 4 days, and the cost is USD 100.00.
- Super Rush processing – you wait only 48 hours for your application to be processed, and you are charged USD 100.00.
How long is the Rwanda East Africa Visa valid for?
The Rwanda East Africa visa is valid for 90 days after arrival.
What about the number of entries and duration of stay?
The Rwanda East Africa visa ensures Multiple Entry, and your stay cannot be over 90 days Per Entry.