Before you book a flight to Rwanda, you need to obtain a visa. That, of course, if you are not visa exempt. However, Rwanda adopted the electronic visa system in 2018, and as a result, you can apply for a Rwanda visa online. With iVisa’s assistance, you can obtain the travel document in as little as 24 hours. To learn more about the Rwanda e-visa, read the information provided below.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
Are French citizens eligible for a Rwanda e-visa?
Yes, the citizens of France can apply online for a Rwanda visa.
What requirements must I meet to apply for a Rwanda visa online?
The list of requirements for a Rwanda visa is short, and the requirements themselves are easy to meet. Here is what you will need:
- Passport – it needs to be valid for another 6 months after arrival, and one blank page is necessary
- Photo – it must be recent and taken on a white background
- E-mail address – you get your Rwanda e-visa via e-mail in PDF format.
- Means of payment – you can use a credit or debit card, but iVisa also takes PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat.
How much time do I have to wait for my application to be processed?
It is up to you. iVisa gives you three processing time options so that you can pick the one that you think is most convenient. They are as follows:
- Standard processing – your Rwanda visa is ready within 7 business days.
- Rush processing – you receive your travel document within 2 business days.
- Super Rush processing – your application is processed within just 24 hours.
Is it expensive to apply for a Rwanda visa online?
Not really. Plus, the cost of your Rwanda visa is directly related to the processing timeframe you choose for your application. The fees for each option are as follows:
- Standard – USD 30.00
- Rush – USD 30.00
- Super Rush – USD 30.00
What is the period of validity for a Rwanda visa?
The Rwanda visa is valid for Single Entry.
For how long can I stay in Rwanda when traveling on a Rwanda e-visa?
When you travel on a Rwanda e-visa, your stay inside the country is limited to 30 days Per Entry.
What is the Rwanda East Africa visa?
The Rwanda East Africa visa is the ideal solution if you decide that you want to visit Rwanda, Kenya, and Uganda, all in one trip, and the citizens of France are eligible for this document as well. It will spare you the effort of applying for three distinct visas. However, keep in mind that you must enter Rwanda first.
Do I need additional documents to obtain a Rwanda East Africa Visa?
Yes, but only a few. Apart from what you need for a Rwanda visa, the following are necessary as well:
- A travel itinerary
- Vaccination certificate for Yellow Fever
- Return flight ticket
- A contact in Uganda – this can be a person, a travel agency, an organization, etc.
What about Rwanda East Africa Visa processing time and fees?
The cost of a Rwanda East Africa visa is determined by the processing time you choose for your application. Just like with the Rwanda visa. Again, iVisa came up with three options:
- Standard processing – you receive your e-visa within 6 business days, and you pay USD 100.00
- Rush processing – your application is processed within 4 business days, and the cost is USD 100.00.
- Super Rush processing – you wait only 2 business days for your application to be processed, and you are charged USD 100.00.
How long is the Rwanda East Africa Visa valid for?
The Rwanda East Africa visa is valid for 90 days after arrival.
What about the number of entries and duration of stay?
With a Rwanda East Africa visa, you get Multiple Entry, and your stay cannot exceed 90 days Per Entry per visit.