Are you traveling to Rwanda anytime soon? Then you should know that you need to apply for a visa in advance. Fortunately, thanks to Rwanda’s electronic visa system, you are given the opportunity to get a Rwanda visa online, and iVisa can help you with that. Below, you find the answers to the most commonly asked questions about the Rwanda e-visa.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
Are Gabonese citizens eligible for a Rwanda e-visa?
Yes, the citizens of Gabon can apply for a Rwanda visa online.
What requirements must I meet to apply for a Rwanda visa online?
Only a few. The Rwanda visa is not a demanding document to acquire. You will only need the following:
- Passport – it needs to be valid for another 6 months after arrival, and one blank page is necessary
- Photo – it must be recent and taken on a white background
- E-mail address – you get your Rwanda e-visa via e-mail in PDF format.
- Means of payment – you can use a credit or debit card, but iVisa also takes PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat.
How much time do I have to wait for my application to be processed?
It depends on what processing time option you select during the application process. iVisa offers you three options so that you can pick the one that best serves your needs:
- Standard processing – your Rwanda visa is ready within 7 days.
- Rush processing – you receive your travel document within 48 hours.
- Super Rush processing – your application is processed within just 24 hours.
Is it expensive to apply for a Rwanda visa online?
No. Plus, the cost of your Rwanda visa depends on the processing time option you select for your application, as shown above. The fees for each choice are:
- Standard – USD 30.00
- Rush – USD 30.00
- Super Rush – USD 30.00
What is the period of validity for a Rwanda visa?
The Rwanda visa is valid for Single Entry.
For how long can I stay in Rwanda when traveling on a Rwanda e-visa?
On a Rwanda visa, you can stay in Rwanda for no more than 30 days Per Entry.
What is the Rwanda East Africa visa?
In case you are interested in visiting Rwanda, Kenya, and Uganda in the same trip, you do not have to obtain three separate visas. Instead, the citizens of Gabon also qualify for a Rwanda East Africa visa. The document allows access to all three countries. But remember that you need to visit Rwanda first for this document to be valid.
Do I need additional documents to obtain a Rwanda East Africa Visa?
Apart from the requirements you must meet for the Rwanda visa, you will also need the following:
- A travel itinerary
- Vaccination certificate for Yellow Fever
- Return flight ticket
- A contact in Uganda – this can be a person, a travel agency, an organization, etc.
What about Rwanda East Africa Visa processing time and fees?
Same as with the Rwanda visa, the amount you will be charged for a Rwanda East Africa visa depends on how fast you want your application to be processed. Once more, you are provided with three options:
- Standard processing – you receive your e-visa within 6 days, and you pay USD 100.00
- Rush processing – your application is processed within 4 days, and the cost is USD 100.00.
- Super Rush processing – you wait only 48 hours for your application to be processed, and you are charged USD 100.00.
How long is the Rwanda East Africa Visa valid for?
The Rwanda East Africa visa is valid for 90 days after arrival.
What about the number of entries and duration of stay?
You are granted Multiple Entry when you get a [Rwanda East Africa visa], and your stay is limited to 90 days Per Entry.