Before you hop on a plane to Rwanda, keep in mind that you need to obtain a visa to enter the country. Luckily, Rwanda issues electronic visas, which means that you can apply for a Rwanda visa online. With iVisa, you can have the travel document in just 24 hours. To learn more about the Rwanda e-visa, read the information provided below.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
Are the citizens of Georgia eligible for a Rwanda e-visa?
Yes, like all nationalities that require a visa, Georgian nationals can apply for a Rwanda visa online.
What requirements must I meet to apply for a Rwanda visa online?
As you will see, the requirements for a Rwanda visa are few, and they are easy to meet. You will need the following:
- Passport – it needs to be valid for another 6 months after arrival, and one blank page is necessary
- Photo – it must be recent and taken on a white background
- E-mail address – you get your Rwanda e-visa via e-mail in PDF format.
- Means of payment – you can use a credit or debit card, but iVisa also takes PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat.
How much time do I have to wait for my application to be processed?
It depends on which processing time option you choose for your application. iVisa gives you three so that you can go for the one that best suits your needs:
- Standard processing – your Rwanda visa is ready within 7 business days.
- Rush processing – you receive your travel document within 2 business days.
- Super Rush processing – your application is processed within just 24 hours.
Is it expensive to apply for a Rwanda visa online?
No, and the amount you will be charged depends on the processing timeframe in which you want your Rwanda visa to be ready. The fees for each option are:
- Standard – USD 30.00
- Rush – USD 30.00
- Super Rush – USD 30.00
What is the period of validity for a Rwanda visa?
The Rwanda visa is valid for Single Entry.
For how long can I stay in Rwanda when traveling on a Rwanda e-visa?
The Rwanda e-visa ensures a maximum stay of 30 days Per Entry.
What is the Rwanda East Africa visa?
In case you are interested, the citizens of Georgia are also eligible for a Rwanda East Africa visa. The document grants entry in Rwanda, Kenya, and Uganda. It is the ideal solution if you want to visit all three countries in one trip. Do not forget, however, that for this type of visa to be valid, you need to enter Rwanda first.
Do I need additional documents to obtain a Rwanda East Africa Visa?
Yes, but just a few. Together with the document and information you need for the Rwanda visa, you will also be needing the following:
- A travel itinerary
- Vaccination certificate for Yellow Fever
- Return flight ticket
- A contact in Uganda – this can be a person, a travel agency, an organization, etc.
What about Rwanda East Africa Visa processing time and fees?
The cost of a Rwanda East Africa visa, again, depends on the processing time option you select for your application. iVisa gives you three choices this time around as well:
- Standard processing – you receive your e-visa within 6 business days, and you pay USD 100.00
- Rush processing – your application is processed within 4 business days, and the cost is USD 100.00.
- Super Rush processing – you wait only 2 business days for your application to be processed, and you are charged USD 100.00.
How long is the Rwanda East Africa Visa valid for?
The Rwanda East Africa visa has a validity period of 90 days after arrival.
What about the number of entries and duration of stay?
You are covered for Multiple Entry, and each stay cannot exceed 90 days Per Entry.