Are you planning a vacation in Rwanda? Then you should know that you need to apply for a visa in advance. Fortunately, all nationalities that are not visa exempt have access to an electronic visa. As a result, you can acquire a Rwanda visa online, and iVisa can help with the application process. To learn more about the Rwanda visa, you can read the answers to the most frequently asked questions you find below.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
Are German citizens eligible for a Rwanda e-visa?
Yes, the citizens of Germany can apply for a Rwanda visa online.
What requirements must I meet to apply for a Rwanda visa online?
As you will see, the list of requirements for a Rwanda visa is short, and the items on it are easy to obtain. Here is what you will need:
- Passport – it needs to be valid for another 6 months after arrival, and one blank page is necessary
- Photo – it must be recent and taken on a white background
- E-mail address – you get your Rwanda e-visa via e-mail in PDF format.
- Means of payment – you can use a credit or debit card, but iVisa also takes PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat.
How much time do I have to wait for my application to be processed?
The amount of time you need to wait for your application to be processed depends on which processing option you choose. iVisa gives you three:
- Standard processing – your Rwanda visa is ready within 7 Business Days.
- Rush processing – you receive your travel document within 2 Business Days.
- Super Rush processing – your application is processed within just 1 Business Day.
Is it expensive to apply for a Rwanda visa online?
Not at all. Plus, the cost of your Rwanda visa depends on the processing time option you choose for your application:
- Standard – USD 50.00
- Rush – USD 50.00
- Super Rush – USD 50.00
What is the period of validity for a Rwanda visa?
The Rwanda visa is valid for Single Entry.
For how long can I stay in Rwanda when traveling on a Rwanda e-visa?
The Rwanda e-visa ensures a 30 days Per Entry.
What is the Rwanda East Africa visa?
In case you plan to travel to Rwanda, but to Kenya and Uganda, all in one trip, you should know that the citizens of Germany also qualify for a Rwanda East Africa visa. The document will grant you entry in all three countries. Nevertheless, for this type of visa to be valid, you need to travel to Rwanda first.
Do I need additional documents to obtain a Rwanda East Africa Visa?
Yes. Apart from the documents you put together for the Rwanda visa, you will need the following too:
- A travel itinerary
- Vaccination certificate for Yellow Fever
- Return flight ticket
- A contact in Uganda – this can be a person, a travel agency, an organization, etc.
What about Rwanda East Africa Visa processing time and fees?
Same as with the Rwanda e-visa, the price of a Rwanda East Africa visa is determined by the processing time you choose during the application process. Once more, iVisa presents you with three options:
- Standard processing – you receive your e-visa within 6 Business Days, and you pay USD 100.00
- Rush processing – your application is processed within 4 Business Days, and the cost is USD 100.00.
- Super Rush processing – you wait only 2 Business Days for your application to be processed, and you are charged USD 100.00.
How long is the Rwanda East Africa Visa valid for?
The Rwanda East Africa visa enjoys a validity period of 90 days after arrival.
What about the number of entries and duration of stay?
With a Rwanda East Africa visa, you are granted Multiple Entry, and your stay is limited to 90 days Per Entry.