Traveling to Rwanda is not possible without a visa unless you are visa exempt. However, all nationalities that do require this type of travel document should know that Rwanda issues electronic visas. Therefore, you can apply for a Rwanda visa online. With iVisa, you can obtain it in as little as 24 hours. Below, you will find all you need to know about the Rwanda e-visa.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
Are Greek citizens eligible for a Rwanda e-visa?
Yes, the citizens of Greece qualify for a Rwanda e-visa.
What requirements must I meet to apply for a Rwanda visa online?
As you will see, the list of requirements for a Rwanda visa is short, and the items on it are easy enough to acquire. For a successful application process, you will need the following:
- Passport – it needs to be valid for another 6 months after arrival, and one blank page is necessary
- Photo – it must be recent and taken on a white background
- E-mail address – you get your Rwanda e-visa via e-mail in PDF format.
- Means of payment – you can use a credit or debit card, but iVisa also takes PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat.
How much time do I have to wait for my application to be processed?
It depends on which processing time option you select during the application process. iVisa gives you three:
- Standard processing – your Rwanda visa is ready within 7 business days.
- Rush processing – you receive your travel document within 2 business days.
- Super Rush processing – your application is processed within just 24 hours.
Is it expensive to apply for a Rwanda visa online?
Not, and the cost of a Rwanda visa depends on the processing time option you choose for your application. Obviously, the sooner you want your application to be processed, the more you will be charged. The fees are as follows:
- Standard – USD 50.00
- Rush – USD 50.00
- Super Rush – USD 50.00
What is the period of validity for a Rwanda visa?
The Rwanda visa is valid for Single Entry.
For how long can I stay in Rwanda when traveling on a Rwanda e-visa?
With a Rwanda e-visa, you can stay in Rwanda for no more than 30 days Per Entry.
What is the Rwanda East Africa visa?
The citizens of Greece are also eligible for a Rwanda East Africa visa. The document provides access to Rwanda, Kenya, and Uganda. It is ideal if you decide that you want to visit all three countries in one trip. However, bear in mind that you must enter Rwanda first.
Do I need additional documents to obtain a Rwanda East Africa Visa?
Apart from the documents and information you must provide for a Rwanda visa, you will need the following as well:
- A travel itinerary
- Vaccination certificate for Yellow Fever
- Return flight ticket
- A contact in Uganda – this can be a person, a travel agency, an organization, etc.
What about Rwanda East Africa Visa processing time and fees?
The price of a Rwanda East Africa visa is established, again, by the processing time option you select for your application. iVisa gives you three choices:
- Standard processing – you receive your e-visa within 6 business days, and you pay USD 100.00
- Rush processing – your application is processed within 4 business days, and the cost is USD 100.00.
- Super Rush processing – you wait only 2 business days for your application to be processed, and you are charged USD 100.00.
How long is the Rwanda East Africa Visa valid for?
The Rwanda East Africa visa is valid for 90 days after arrival.
What about the number of entries and duration of stay?
A Rwanda East Africa visa grants Multiple Entry, and your stay is limited to 90 days Per Entry.