In the process of planning a trip to Rwanda for tourism purposes, do not forget that you need a visa provided that you are not visa exempt. However, Rwanda adopted the electronic visa system back in 2018, which means that you can apply for a Rwanda visa online. iVisa can facilitate the online application process. To learn more about the Rwanda e-visa, please read the answers to the most frequently asked questions listed below.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
Are the citizens of Grenada eligible for a Rwanda e-visa?
Yes, as a Grenadian national, you have the opportunity to apply online for a Rwanda visa.
What requirements must I meet to apply for a Rwanda visa online?
Just a few. Plus, the Rwanda visa is not a demanding document to obtain. You will only need the following:
- Passport – it needs to be valid for another 6 months after arrival, and one blank page is necessary
- Photo – it must be recent and taken on a white background
- E-mail address – you get your Rwanda e-visa via e-mail in PDF format.
- Means of payment – you can use a credit or debit card, but iVisa also takes PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat.
How much time do I have to wait for my application to be processed?
The amount of time you must wait depends on the processing time option you select during the application process. You get three choices so that you can find the one that is most convenient for you:
- Standard processing – your Rwanda visa is ready within 7 business days.
- Rush processing – you receive your travel document within 2 business days.
- Super Rush processing – your application is processed within just 24 hours.
Is it expensive to apply for a Rwanda visa online?
No, and the cost of a Rwanda visa depends on the processing time option you choose. The costs for each one is:
- Standard – USD 50.00
- Rush – USD 50.00
- Super Rush – USD 50.00
What is the period of validity for a Rwanda visa?
The Rwanda visa is valid for Single Entry.
For how long can I stay in Rwanda when traveling on a Rwanda e-visa?
With a Rwanda visa, your stay cannot exceed 30 days Per Entry.
What is the Rwanda East Africa visa?
The citizens of Grenada are also eligible for a Rwanda East Africa visa. The document grants you entry in Rwanda, Uganda, and Kenya. It is the perfect solution if you want to visit all three countries on one trip. That way, you do not need to apply for three different visas. Nevertheless, remember that you must enter Rwanda first for this visa to be valid.
Do I need additional documents to obtain a Rwanda East Africa Visa?
Yes, but not many. Apart from the documents you need for the Rwanda visa, you will also need the following:
- A travel itinerary
- Vaccination certificate for Yellow Fever
- Return flight ticket
- A contact in Uganda – this can be a person, a travel agency, an organization, etc.
What about Rwanda East Africa Visa processing time and fees?
The cost of a Rwanda East Africa visa depends, once more, on the processing time option you choose for your application. iVisa gives you three choices this time as well:
- Standard processing – you receive your e-visa within 6 business days, and you pay USD 100.00
- Rush processing – your application is processed within 4 business days, and the cost is USD 100.00.
- Super Rush processing – you wait only 2 business days for your application to be processed, and you are charged USD 100.00.
How long is the Rwanda East Africa Visa valid for?
The Rwanda East Africa visa is valid for 90 days after arrival.
What about the number of entries and duration of stay?
You are granted Multiple Entry, and each stay cannot exceed 90 days Per Entry.