When you decide that you want to travel to Rwanda, one of the first things you need to take care of is the visa. You will need to apply for one in advance unless you are visa exempt. As it happens, Rwanda adopted the electronic visa system in 2018, meaning that you can apply for a Rwanda visa online. With iVisa, you can get the document you need in just 24 hours. Below, you will find the answers to the most frequently asked questions about the Rwanda e-visa. It should help you learn more.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
Are the citizens of Guinea-Bissau eligible for a Rwanda e-visa?
Yes, the citizens of Guinea-Bissau are among the nationalities that qualify for Rwanda e-visa.
What requirements must I meet to apply for a Rwanda visa online?
Before you start the online application process, you need to make sure that you have at hand the following:
- Passport – it needs to be valid for another 6 months after arrival, and one blank page is necessary
- Photo – it must be recent and taken on a white background
- E-mail address – you get your Rwanda e-visa via e-mail in PDF format.
- Means of payment – you can use a credit or debit card, but iVisa also takes PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat.
How much time do I have to wait for my application to be processed?
Not much. However, you get to choose the timeframe in which your visa arrives. That is because iVisa gives you three options:
- Standard processing – your Rwanda visa is ready within 7 business days.
- Rush processing – you receive your travel document within 2 business days.
- Super Rush processing – your application is processed within just 24 hours.
Is it expensive to apply for a Rwanda visa online?
Not at all. The cost of your Rwanda visa depends on the processing time option you select for your application. The cost of each option is as follows:
- Standard – USD 30.00
- Rush – USD 30.00
- Super Rush – USD 30.00
What is the period of validity for a Rwanda visa?
The Rwanda visa is valid for Single Entry.
For how long can I stay in Rwanda when traveling on a Rwanda e-visa?
When you travel on a Rwanda e-visa, you are granted a stay of maximum 30 days Per Entry.
What is the Rwanda East Africa visa?
The citizens of Guinea-Bissau also qualify for a Rwanda East Africa visa. It is the perfect solution if you wish to travel to Rwanda, but to Kenya and Uganda as well, all in one trip. Instead of applying for three different visas, you only need the Rwanda East Africa visa. However, keep in mind that you must enter Rwanda first for this visa to work.
Do I need additional documents to obtain a Rwanda East Africa Visa?
Yes. In addition to the document and info you need for the Rwanda visa, you will also need to have at hand the following:
- A travel itinerary
- Vaccination certificate for Yellow Fever
- Return flight ticket
- A contact in Uganda – this can be a person, a travel agency, an organization, etc.
What about Rwanda East Africa Visa processing time and fees?
Once more, the cost of a Rwanda East Africa visa depends on the processing time option you choose during the application process. iVisa gives you three options this time as well:
- Standard processing – you receive your e-visa within 6 business days, and you pay USD 100.00
- Rush processing – your application is processed within 4 business days, and the cost is USD 100.00.
- Super Rush processing – you wait only 2 business days for your application to be processed, and you are charged USD 100.00.
How long is the Rwanda East Africa Visa valid for?
The Rwanda East Africa visa has a validity period of 90 days after arrival.
What about the number of entries and duration of stay?
With a Rwanda East Africa visa, you are granted Multiple Entry, and your stay is limited to 90 days Per Entry.