A trip to Rwanda will most likely mean that you need a visa. That is, of course, if you are not visa exempt. However, Rwanda’s visa policy includes an electronic visa, which means that you can apply for a Rwanda visa online. With iVisa’s help, you can obtain the travel document you need in as little as 1 Business Day. Below, you will find the information you need about the Rwanda e-visa.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
Are the citizens of Guyana eligible for a Rwanda e-visa?
Yes, as a Guyanese citizen, you are given the opportunity to apply for a Rwanda visa online.
What requirements must I meet to apply for a Rwanda visa online?
The first thing you have to do before you start the online application process to obtain a Rwanda visa is to make sure that you have the following:
- Passport – it needs to be valid for another 6 months after arrival, and one blank page is necessary
- Photo – it must be recent and taken on a white background
- E-mail address – you get your Rwanda e-visa via e-mail in PDF format.
- Means of payment – you can use a credit or debit card, but iVisa also takes PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat.
How much time do I have to wait for my application to be processed?
You do not have to wait long. Plus, iVisa gives you three processing time options so that you can choose the one that best suits your needs. They are as follows:
- Standard processing – your Rwanda visa is ready within 7 Business Days.
- Rush processing – you receive your travel document within 2 Business Days.
- Super Rush processing – your application is processed within just 1 Business Day.
Is it expensive to apply for a Rwanda visa online?
No, and the cost of your Rwanda visa depends on which processing time option you choose during the application process. The fees for each option are:
- Standard – USD 50.00
- Rush – USD 50.00
- Super Rush – USD 50.00
What is the period of validity for a Rwanda visa?
The Rwanda visa is valid for Single Entry.
For how long can I stay in Rwanda when traveling on a Rwanda e-visa?
With a Rwanda visa, you cannot stay in Rwanda for more than 30 days Per Entry.
What is the Rwanda East Africa visa?
The citizens of Guyana are also eligible for a Rwanda East Africa visa. The document in question grants you entry in Rwanda, but in Kenya and Uganda as well. It is perfect if you decide that you want to visit all three states in one trip. However, remember that for this type of visa to be valid, you need to visit Rwanda first.
Do I need additional documents to obtain a Rwanda East Africa Visa?
Besides the documents you need for the Rwanda visa, you will need the following as well:
- A travel itinerary
- Vaccination certificate for Yellow Fever
- Return flight ticket
- A contact in Uganda – this can be a person, a travel agency, an organization, etc.
What about Rwanda East Africa Visa processing time and fees?
Once more, the cost of your Rwanda East Africa visa is established by the processing time option you select for your application. iVisa gives you three options this time around too:
- Standard processing – you receive your e-visa within 6 Business Days, and you pay USD 100.00
- Rush processing – your application is processed within 4 Business Days, and the cost is USD 100.00.
- Super Rush processing – you wait only 2 Business Days for your application to be processed, and you are charged USD 100.00.
How long is the Rwanda East Africa Visa valid for?
The Rwanda East Africa visa is valid for 90 days after arrival.
What about the number of entries and duration of stay?
With a Rwanda East Africa visa, you have Multiple Entry at your disposal, and your stay per entry cannot exceed 90 days Per Entry.