Are you planning a trip to Rwanda for tourism purposes? Then you should know that you most likely need to obtain a visa in advance. Nevertheless, Rwanda issues electronic visas. As a result, you can apply for a Rwanda visa online. iVisa can facilitate the online application process for you. Below, you will find the answers to the most commonly asked questions about the Rwanda e-visa.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
Are the citizens of Honduras eligible for a Rwanda e-visa?
Yes, as a Honduran citizen, you can apply for a Rwanda visa online.
What requirements must I meet to apply for a Rwanda visa online?
As you will notice, the list of requirements for a Rwanda visa is short, and you should not struggle to put everything together. Here is what you will need:
- Passport – it needs to be valid for another 6 months after arrival, and one blank page is necessary
- Photo – it must be recent and taken on a white background
- E-mail address – you get your Rwanda e-visa via e-mail in PDF format.
- Means of payment – you can use a credit or debit card, but iVisa also takes PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat.
How much time do I have to wait for my application to be processed?
It depends on you. iVisa provides three options when it comes to processing time so that you can choose the one that is most convenient for you. They are as follows:
- Standard processing – your Rwanda visa is ready within 7 Business Days.
- Rush processing – you receive your travel document within 2 Business Days.
- Super Rush processing – your application is processed within just 1 Business Day.
Is it expensive to apply for a Rwanda visa online?
Not exactly. The cost of a Rwanda visa is determined by the processing time option you choose for your application. The prices for each one are as follows:
- Standard – USD 50.00
- Rush – USD 50.00
- Super Rush – USD 50.00
What is the period of validity for a Rwanda visa?
The Rwanda visa is valid for Single Entry.
For how long can I stay in Rwanda when traveling on a Rwanda e-visa?
You can stay in Rwanda for up to 30 days Per Entry.
What is the Rwanda East Africa visa?
In case you are interested in visiting Rwanda, Kenya, and Uganda in a single trip, you should know that the citizens of Honduras are also eligible for a Rwanda East Africa visa. The document at hand allows you to travel to all three countries on one visa. What you need to remember is that for this type of visa to work, you need to enter Rwanda first.
Do I need additional documents to obtain a Rwanda East Africa Visa?
Yes, but only a few. In addition to what you need for a Rwanda visa, you must have at hand the following as well:
- A travel itinerary
- Vaccination certificate for Yellow Fever
- Return flight ticket
- A contact in Uganda – this can be a person, a travel agency, an organization, etc.
What about Rwanda East Africa Visa processing time and fees?
Just like with the Rwanda visa, the amount you will be charged for a Rwanda East Africa visa depends on the processing timeframe you select for your application. Again, you are given three choices:
- Standard processing – you receive your e-visa within 6 Business Days, and you pay USD 100.00
- Rush processing – your application is processed within 4 Business Days, and the cost is USD 100.00.
- Super Rush processing – you wait only 2 Business Days for your application to be processed, and you are charged USD 100.00.
How long is the Rwanda East Africa Visa valid for?
The Rwanda East Africa visa is valid for 90 days after arrival.
What about the number of entries and duration of stay?
With a Rwanda East Africa visa, you have Multiple Entry, and you can only stay for up to 90 days Per Entry.