You cannot take a trip to Rwanda without a visa unless you are exempt. However, getting such a document is a piece of cake since Rwanda adopted the electronic visa back in 2018. As a result, you can apply for a Rwanda visa online, and iVisa can help with the online application process. To learn more about the Rwanda e-visa, you invite you to read the answers to the most frequently asked questions you find below.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
Are the citizens of Hong Kong eligible for a Rwanda e-visa?
Yes, the citizens of Hong Kong qualify for a Rwanda e-visa.
What requirements must I meet to apply for a Rwanda visa online?
The list of requirements for a Rwanda visa is quite short, and you should not have any issues in acquiring all the items on it. What you will need is as follows:
- Passport – it needs to be valid for another 6 months after arrival, and one blank page is necessary
- Photo – it must be recent and taken on a white background
- E-mail address – you get your Rwanda e-visa via e-mail in PDF format.
- Means of payment – you can use a credit or debit card, but iVisa also takes PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat.
How much time do I have to wait for my application to be processed?
It is up to you. iVisa gives you three suggestions regarding the processing timeframe of your application so that you can select the one that is best for you. They are as follows:
- Standard processing – your Rwanda visa is ready within 7 Business Days.
- Rush processing – you receive your travel document within 2 Business Days.
- Super Rush processing – your application is processed within just 1 Business Day.
Is it expensive to apply for a Rwanda visa online?
Not quite. Plus, the cost of your Rwanda visa depends on the processing time option you select for your application. Naturally, the sooner you want your travel document, the more you will be charged. Here are the fees you can opt for:
- Standard – USD 50.00
- Rush – USD 50.00
- Super Rush – USD 50.00
What is the period of validity for a Rwanda visa?
The Rwanda visa is valid for Single Entry.
For how long can I stay in Rwanda when traveling on a Rwanda e-visa?
With a Rwanda e-visa, you cannot stay in Rwanda for more than 30 days Per Entry.
What is the Rwanda East Africa visa?
The Rwanda East Africa visa is a document that gives access to Rwanda, Kenya, and Uganda, and the citizens of Hong Kong can acquire it online as well. Instead of applying for three different visas, you only get this one. What you need to know is that you must enter Rwanda first for this scheme to work.
Do I need additional documents to obtain a Rwanda East Africa Visa?
Yes, but not many. Besides the items you gather for the Rwanda visa, you also need to put together the following:
- A travel itinerary
- Vaccination certificate for Yellow Fever
- Return flight ticket
- A contact in Uganda – this can be a person, a travel agency, an organization, etc.
What about Rwanda East Africa Visa processing time and fees?
The price of a Rwanda East Africa visa depends, again, on the processing time option you choose for your application. iVisa gives you three choices this time around too:
- Standard processing – you receive your e-visa within 6 Business Days, and you pay USD 100.00
- Rush processing – your application is processed within 4 Business Days, and the cost is USD 100.00.
- Super Rush processing – you wait only 2 Business Days for your application to be processed, and you are charged USD 100.00.
How long is the Rwanda East Africa Visa valid for?
The Rwanda East Africa visa has a validity of 90 days after arrival.
What about the number of entries and duration of stay?
The Rwanda East Africa visa ensures Multiple Entry, and your stay is limited to 90 days Per Entry.