When you start planning a trip to Rwanda, one of the things you need to be concerned with is the visa. Unless you are among the visa-exempt nationalities, you need to obtain one in advance. Nevertheless, Rwanda adopted the electronic visa system in 2018. Consequently, you are given the opportunity to apply online for a Rwanda visa. iVisa can help you with the online application process so that you can receive your travel document in just 24 hours. Below, you find the information you need about the Rwanda e-visa.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
Are Hungarian citizens eligible for a Rwanda e-visa?
Yes, the citizens of Hungary can apply for a Rwanda visa online.
What requirements must I meet to apply for a Rwanda visa online?
One of the first things you have to do before you start the application process is to make sure that you meet the requirements. As you will find out, the Rwanda visa is not a demanding document to obtain. Here is what you will need:
- Passport – it needs to be valid for another 6 months after arrival, and one blank page is necessary
- Photo – it must be recent and taken on a white background
- E-mail address – you get your Rwanda e-visa via e-mail in PDF format.
- Means of payment – you can use a credit or debit card, but iVisa also takes PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat.
How much time do I have to wait for my application to be processed?
It depends on the processing time option you choose for your application. iVisa gives you three suggestions:
- Standard processing – your Rwanda visa is ready within 7 days.
- Rush processing – you receive your travel document within 48 hours.
- Super Rush processing – your application is processed within just 24 hours.
Is it expensive to apply for a Rwanda visa online?
Not at all. Moreover, the cost of a Rwanda visa depends on the processing time you select for your application. The fees are as follows:
- Standard – USD 30.00
- Rush – USD 30.00
- Super Rush – USD 30.00
What is the period of validity for a Rwanda visa?
The Rwanda visa is valid for Single Entry.
For how long can I stay in Rwanda when traveling on a Rwanda e-visa?
You can stay in Rwanda for no more than 30 days Per Entry.
What is the Rwanda East Africa visa?
Hungarian citizens are also eligible for a Rwanda East Africa visa. With this document, you can enter Rwanda, Kenya, and Uganda as well. It is an ideal solution if you decide that you wish to visit all three countries in one trip. But you should know that for this document to be valid, you need to enter Rwanda first.
Do I need additional documents to obtain a Rwanda East Africa Visa?
Yes, but only a few. Apart from the requirements you have to fulfill for the Rwanda visa, you also need the following:
- A travel itinerary
- Vaccination certificate for Yellow Fever
- Return flight ticket
- A contact in Uganda – this can be a person, a travel agency, an organization, etc.
What about Rwanda East Africa Visa processing time and fees?
The amount you will spend on a Rwanda East Africa visa depends once more on the processing time option you choose for your application:
- Standard processing – you receive your e-visa within 6 days, and you pay USD 100.00
- Rush processing – your application is processed within 4 days, and the cost is USD 100.00.
- Super Rush processing – you wait only 48 hours for your application to be processed, and you are charged USD 100.00.
How long is the Rwanda East Africa Visa valid for?
The Rwanda East Africa visa is valid for 90 days after arrivall.
What about the number of entries and duration of stay?
The Rwanda East Africa visa ensures Multiple Entry, and your stay is limited to 90 days Per Entry per visit.