Are you planning a trip to Rwanda? Then you must know that you need to obtain a visa in advance. However, thanks to Rwanda’s electronic visa system allows you to apply for a visa online. With iVisa, you can have the document in as little as 1 Business Day. Below, you will find the answers to the most commonly asked questions so that you can learn more about the Rwanda e-visa.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
Are Icelandic citizens eligible for a Rwanda e-visa?
Yes, the nationals of Iceland can apply for a Rwanda visa online.
What requirements must I meet to apply for a Rwanda visa online?
Just a few. The list of requirements for a Rwanda visa is short. You should not have any issues in putting together everything necessary. Here is what you need:
- Passport – it needs to be valid for another 6 months after arrival, and one blank page is necessary
- Photo – it must be recent and taken on a white background
- E-mail address – you get your Rwanda e-visa via e-mail in PDF format.
- Means of payment – you can use a credit or debit card, but iVisa also takes PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat.
How much time do I have to wait for my application to be processed?
Not too long. Plus, iVisa gives you more than one option when it comes to processing time so that you can pick the one that best works for you. Here is what you can opt for:
- Standard processing – your Rwanda visa is ready within 7 Business Days.
- Rush processing – you receive your travel document within 2 Business Days.
- Super Rush processing – your application is processed within just 1 Business Day.
Is it expensive to apply for a Rwanda visa online?
Not necessarily. The cost of your Rwanda visa depends on the processing time option you select for your application. The faster you want your visa, the more you will be charged. Here are the fees:
- Standard – USD 50.00
- Rush – USD 50.00
- Super Rush – USD 50.00
What is the period of validity for a Rwanda visa?
The Rwanda visa is valid for Single Entry.
For how long can I stay in Rwanda when traveling on a Rwanda e-visa?
When you obtain a Rwanda e-visa, you can stay in Rwanda for up to 30 days Per Entry.
What is the Rwanda East Africa visa?
The Rwanda East Africa visa is a document that allows its holder to enter Rwanda, but Kenya and Uganda as well. The citizens of Iceland are eligible for this type of visa as well. However, you should know that for this document to be valid, you need to enter Rwanda first.
Do I need additional documents to obtain a Rwanda East Africa Visa?
Yes, but not many. In addition to the documents you need for the Rwanda visa, you will also have to put together the following:
- A travel itinerary
- Vaccination certificate for Yellow Fever
- Return flight ticket
- A contact in Uganda – this can be a person, a travel agency, an organization, etc.
What about Rwanda East Africa Visa processing time and fees?
Same as with the Rwanda visa, the Rwanda East Africa visa cost is determined by the processing time option you choose for your application. Again, iVisa presents you with three options:
- Standard processing – you receive your e-visa within 6 Business Days, and you pay USD 100.00
- Rush processing – your application is processed within 4 Business Days, and the cost is USD 100.00.
- Super Rush processing – you wait only 2 Business Days for your application to be processed, and you are charged USD 100.00.
How long is the Rwanda East Africa Visa valid for?
The Rwanda East Africa visa is valid for 90 days after arrival.
What about the number of entries and duration of stay?
With a Rwanda East Africa visa, you are allowed Multiple Entry, and you can stay for no more than 90 days Per Entry.