Unless you are among the visa-exempt nationalities, you cannot travel to Rwanda without a visa. However, Rwanda has an electronic visa system, which means that you can apply for a Rwanda visa online. With iVisa, you can enjoy a smooth and fast application process. To learn more about the Rwanda e-visa, we recommend that you read the answers to the most frequently asked questions below.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
Are Indian citizens eligible for a Rwanda e-visa?
Yes, like all the other non-visa exempt nationalities, the citizens of India have access to a Rwanda visa online.
What requirements must I meet to apply for a Rwanda visa online?
Just a few. The requirements for a Rwanda visa are easy to meet. You will need the following:
- Passport – it needs to be valid for another 6 months after arrival, and one blank page is necessary
- Photo – it must be recent and taken on a white background
- E-mail address – you get your Rwanda e-visa via e-mail in PDF format.
- Means of payment – you can use a credit or debit card, but iVisa also takes PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat.
How much time do I have to wait for my application to be processed?
As long as you want. iVisa gives you three processing time options so that you can pick the one that is best for you. They are as follows:
- Standard processing – your Rwanda visa is ready within 7 business days.
- Rush processing – you receive your travel document within 2 business days.
- Super Rush processing – your application is processed within just 24 hours.
Is it expensive to apply for a Rwanda visa online?
Not necessarily. The cost of your Rwanda visa is influenced by the processing time option you choose for your application. The fees for each of them are as follows:
- Standard – USD 30.00
- Rush – USD 30.00
- Super Rush – USD 30.00
What is the period of validity for a Rwanda visa?
The Rwanda visa is valid for Single Entry.
For how long can I stay in Rwanda when traveling on a Rwanda e-visa?
The Rwanda visa allows a stay of maximum 30 days Per Entry.
What is the Rwanda East Africa visa?
Indian citizens also qualify for a Rwanda East Africa visa. The document allows access to Rwanda, Kenya, and Uganda, and it is the perfect solution if you decide that you want to visit all three countries. However, for this type of visa to work, you need to enter Rwanda first.
Do I need additional documents to obtain a Rwanda East Africa Visa?
Yes. But not many. Apart from the requirements you must meet for the Rwanda visa, you also need to be able to provide the following:
- A travel itinerary
- Vaccination certificate for Yellow Fever
- Return flight ticket
- A contact in Uganda – this can be a person, a travel agency, an organization, etc.
What about Rwanda East Africa Visa processing time and fees?
The price of a Rwanda East Africa visa is established by the processing time option you choose during the application process. It is the same as with the Rwanda visa. Again, iVisa gives you three choices:
- Standard processing – you receive your e-visa within 6 business days, and you pay USD 100.00
- Rush processing – your application is processed within 4 business days, and the cost is USD 100.00.
- Super Rush processing – you wait only 2 business days for your application to be processed, and you are charged USD 100.00.
How long is the Rwanda East Africa Visa valid for?
The Rwanda East Africa visa is valid for 90 days after arrival.
What about the number of entries and duration of stay?
The Rwanda East Africa visa grants Multiple Entry, and your stay per entry cannot exceed 90 days Per Entry.