Planning a trip to Rwanda for tourism purposes also entails a visa application process unless you are exempt from getting one. But since Rwanda issues electronic visas for all non-visa exempt nationalities, you can apply for a Rwanda visa online. With iVisa, the document in question can be yours in just as little as 24 hours. To learn more about the Rwanda e-visa, we recommend that you read the information provided below.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
Are Iranian citizens eligible for a Rwanda e-visa?
Yes, the citizens of Iran can apply for a Rwanda visa online.
What requirements must I meet to apply for a Rwanda visa online?
As you will see, the requirements for a Rwanda visa are easy to meet. Here is what you will need for a successful application process:
- Passport – it needs to be valid for another 6 months after arrival, and one blank page is necessary
- Photo – it must be recent and taken on a white background
- E-mail address – you get your Rwanda e-visa via e-mail in PDF format.
- Means of payment – you can use a credit or debit card, but iVisa also takes PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat.
How much time do I have to wait for my application to be processed?
It depends on which processing time option you choose for your application. You will be given a chance to select from the following:
- Standard processing – your Rwanda visa is ready within 7 business days.
- Rush processing – you receive your travel document within 2 business days.
- Super Rush processing – your application is processed within just 24 hours.
Is it expensive to apply for a Rwanda visa online?
Not, and the amount you will be charged depends on the processing time you select for your application. The fees for each option are:
- Standard – USD 50.00
- Rush – USD 50.00
- Super Rush – USD 50.00
What is the period of validity for a Rwanda visa?
The Rwanda visa is valid for Single Entry.
For how long can I stay in Rwanda when traveling on a Rwanda e-visa?
With a Rwanda e-visa, you can stay in Rwanda for up to 30 days Per Entry.
What is the Rwanda East Africa visa?
As an Iranian citizen, you also have the opportunity to apply for a Rwanda East Africa visa. The document at hand grants entry to Rwanda, but to Kenya and Uganda as well. It is ideal if you plan to visit all three countries in one trip because you do not have to apply for three separate visas. However, keep in mind that with this type of visa, you need to enter Rwanda first.
Do I need additional documents to obtain a Rwanda East Africa Visa?
Besides the documents and information necessary for the Rwanda visa, you will need the following as well:
- A travel itinerary
- Vaccination certificate for Yellow Fever
- Return flight ticket
- A contact in Uganda – this can be a person, a travel agency, an organization, etc.
What about Rwanda East Africa Visa processing time and fees?
The cost of a Rwanda East Africa visa is, again, established by the processing time option you select during the application process. iVisa gives you three choices:
- Standard processing – you receive your e-visa within 6 business days, and you pay USD 100.00
- Rush processing – your application is processed within 4 business days, and the cost is USD 100.00.
- Super Rush processing – you wait only 2 business days for your application to be processed, and you are charged USD 100.00.
How long is the Rwanda East Africa Visa valid for?
The Rwanda East Africa visa has a validity period of 90 days after arrival.
What about the number of entries and duration of stay?
The Rwanda East Africa visa covers Multiple Entry, and you can stay at your destination for no more than 90 days Per Entry.