Before you start planning your trip to Rwanda, you need to take into account that you most likely need to obtain a visa in advance. However, Rwanda adopted the electronic visa system in 2018, meaning that you have the possibility to apply for a Rwanda visa online. With iVisa, you can enjoy a fast and smooth application process. For you to learn more about the Rwanda e-visa, we suggest that you read the answers to the most frequently asked questions mentioned below.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
Are the citizens of Iraq eligible for a Rwanda e-visa?
Yes, as an Iraqi citizen, you can apply for a Rwanda visa online.
What requirements must I meet to apply for a Rwanda visa online?
To obtain a Rwanda visa, you only need the following documents and information:
- Passport – it needs to be valid for another 6 months after arrival, and one blank page is necessary
- Photo – it must be recent and taken on a white background
- E-mail address – you get your Rwanda e-visa via e-mail in PDF format.
- Means of payment – you can use a credit or debit card, but iVisa also takes PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat.
How much time do I have to wait for my application to be processed?
It depends on which processing time option you select for your application. iVisa gives you three:
- Standard processing – your Rwanda visa is ready within 7 days.
- Rush processing – you receive your travel document within 48 hours.
- Super Rush processing – your application is processed within just 24 hours.
Is it expensive to apply for a Rwanda visa online?
No, and the cost of a Rwanda visa depends on the processing time option you select during the application process. The fees are as follows and include the service fee:
- Standard – USD 30.00
- Rush – USD 30.00
- Super Rush – USD 30.00
What is the period of validity for a Rwanda visa?
The Rwanda visa is valid for Single Entry.
For how long can I stay in Rwanda when traveling on a Rwanda e-visa?
When you travel with a Rwanda visa, your stay cannot exceed 30 days Per Entry.
What is the Rwanda East Africa visa?
Iraqi citizens can also apply for a Rwanda East Africa visa. The document allows you to enter Rwanda, but Kenya and Uganda as well. That is if you plan to travel to all these countries on the same trip. But please remember that this type of visa is not valid unless you enter Rwanda first.
Do I need additional documents to obtain a Rwanda East Africa Visa?
Yes. Apart from the necessary things you must put together for a Rwanda visa, you also need the following:
- A travel itinerary
- Vaccination certificate for Yellow Fever
- Return flight ticket
- A contact in Uganda – this can be a person, a travel agency, an organization, etc.
What about Rwanda East Africa Visa processing time and fees?
The cost of a Rwanda East Africa visa is yet again determined by the processing time you select for your application. iVisa gives you three options this time as well:
- Standard processing – you receive your e-visa within 6 days, and you pay USD 100.00
- Rush processing – your application is processed within 4 days, and the cost is USD 100.00.
- Super Rush processing – you wait only 48 hours for your application to be processed, and you are charged USD 100.00.
How long is the Rwanda East Africa Visa valid for?
The Rwanda East Africa visa is valid for 90 days after arrival.
What about the number of entries and duration of stay?
With a Rwanda East Africa visa, you have Multiple Entry, and your stay per entry is limited to 90 days Per Entry.