Planning a trip to Rwanda involves several things. But one of the first things you have to do is to obtain a visa. Fortunately, electronic visas are available for Rwanda, which means that you can apply for a Rwanda visa online. With iVisa, you can have the travel document in as little as 24 hours. Below, you will find the answers to the most frequently asked questions about the Rwanda e-visa.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
Are Irish citizens eligible for a Rwanda e-visa?
Yes, the citizens of Ireland can apply for a Rwanda visa online.
What requirements must I meet to apply for a Rwanda visa online?
The first things you have to do before you start the online application process is to makes sure that you have everything necessary, which is as follows:
- Passport – it needs to be valid for another 6 months after arrival, and one blank page is necessary
- Photo – it must be recent and taken on a white background
- E-mail address – you get your [Rwanda e-visa] via e-mail in PDF format.
- Means of payment – you can use a credit or debit card, but iVisa also takes PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat.
How much time do I have to wait for my application to be processed?
You get to choose the timeframe in which your application is processed. iVisa gives you three options so that you can choose the one that best works for you:
- Standard processing – your Rwanda visa is ready within 7 days.
- Rush processing – you receive your travel document within 48 hours.
- Super Rush processing – your application is processed within just 24 hours.
Is it expensive to apply for a Rwanda visa online?
No. Plus, the cost of your Rwanda visa depends on which processing option you pick for your application. The prices include the service fee, and they are as follows:
- Standard – USD 30.00
- Rush – USD 30.00
- Super Rush – USD 30.00
What is the period of validity for a Rwanda visa?
The Rwanda visa is valid for Single Entry.
For how long can I stay in Rwanda when traveling on a Rwanda e-visa?
With a Rwanda visa, you can stay in Rwanda for up to 30 days Per Entry.
What is the Rwanda East Africa visa?
The Rwanda East Africa visa is a type of visa which grants its holder access to Rwanda, Kenya, and Uganda. The citizens of Ireland are eligible for this one as well. However, bear in mind that with this document, you need to enter Rwanda first.
Do I need additional documents to obtain a Rwanda East Africa Visa?
Yes, but just a few. Apart from the requirements you must fulfill for the Rwanda visa, you will also need the following:
- A travel itinerary
- Vaccination certificate for Yellow Fever
- Return flight ticket
- A contact in Uganda – this can be a person, a travel agency, an organization, etc.
What about Rwanda East Africa Visa processing time and fees?
Once more, the price of a Rwanda East Africa visa is determined by the processing time you select for your application. iVisa provides you with three options:
- Standard processing – you receive your e-visa within 6 days, and you pay USD 100.00
- Rush processing – your application is processed within 4 days}, and the cost is USD 100.00.
- Super Rush processing – you wait only 48 hours for your application to be processed, and you are charged USD 100.00.
How long is the Rwanda East Africa Visa valid for?
The Rwanda East Africa visa is valid for 90 days after arrival.
What about the number of entries and duration of stay?
You are granted Multiple Entry, and each stay is limited to Rwanda East Africa visa 90 days Per Entry.