Are you planning to spend your vacation in Rwanda? Then keep in mind that you will most likely need a visa. However, Rwanda’s visa policy allows all non-visa exempt nationalities to apply online for a Rwanda visa, and with iVisa, you can get the travel document in just 24 hours. To learn about the details of a Rwanda e-visa, read the information we provided below through the answers to the most commonly asked questions.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
Are the citizens of Israel eligible for a Rwanda e-visa?
Yes, as an Israeli national, you can apply online for a Rwanda visa.
What requirements must I meet to apply for a Rwanda visa online?
The list of requirements for a Rwanda visa are few, and they are generally easy to obtain. Here is what you will need:
- Passport – it needs to be valid for another 6 months after arrival, and one blank page is necessary
- Photo – it must be recent and taken on a white background
- E-mail address – you get your Rwanda e-visa via e-mail in PDF format.
- Means of payment – you can use a credit or debit card, but iVisa also takes PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat.
How much time do I have to wait for my application to be processed?
The waiting period depends on which processing timeframe you choose for your application. iVisa provides you with three options so that you can select the one that is most convenient for you:
- Standard processing – your Rwanda visa is ready within 7 business days.
- Rush processing – you receive your travel document within 2 business days.
- Super Rush processing – your application is processed within just 24 hours.
Is it expensive to apply for a Rwanda visa online?
No, and each processing timeframe has its own cost. The service fees are included.
- Standard – USD 50.00
- Rush – USD 50.00
- Super Rush – USD 50.00
What is the period of validity for a Rwanda visa?
The Rwanda visa is valid for Single Entry.
For how long can I stay in Rwanda when traveling on a Rwanda e-visa?
The Rwanda e-visa allows you to stay in the country for no more than 30 days Per Entry.
What is the Rwanda East Africa visa?
With a Rwanda East Africa visa, you can enter Rwanda, Kenya, and Uganda. As a citizen of Israel, you are eligible for this type of visa as well. It is the best possible solution if you decide that you want to travel to all three countries on the same trip. Nevertheless, for this scheme to work, you need to enter Rwanda first.
Do I need additional documents to obtain a Rwanda East Africa Visa?
Besides the requirements you must fulfill for the Rwanda visa, you also need to put together the following:
- A travel itinerary
- Vaccination certificate for Yellow Fever
- Return flight ticket
- A contact in Uganda – this can be a person, a travel agency, an organization, etc.
What about Rwanda East Africa Visa processing time and fees?
Again, the cost of your Rwanda East Africa visa is established by the processing timeframe you choose for your application. You are given three options this time around too:
- Standard processing – you receive your e-visa within 6 business days, and you pay USD 100.00
- Rush processing – your application is processed within 4 business days, and the cost is USD 100.00.
- Super Rush processing – you wait only 2 business days for your application to be processed, and you are charged USD 100.00.
How long is the Rwanda East Africa Visa valid for?
The Rwanda East Africa visa has a validity of 90 days after arrival after arrival
What about the number of entries and duration of stay?
The Rwanda East Africa visa covers Multiple Entry, and you are allowed to stay at your destination for no more than 90 days Per Entry.