Rwanda adopted the electronic visa system in 2018, and as a result, all non-visa exempt nationalities are given the opportunity to apply for a Rwanda visa online. With iVisa, you can acquire this document in as little as 24 hours. To learn more about the Rwanda e-visa, we suggest that you read the answers to the most commonly asked questions below.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
Are Italian citizens eligible for a Rwanda e-visa?
Yes, the citizens of Italy can apply online for a Rwanda visa.
What requirements must I meet to apply for a Rwanda visa online?
As you will see, the list of requirements for a Rwanda visa is short, and the things you need for a successful application process are easy to obtain:
- Passport – it needs to be valid for another 6 months after arrival, and one blank page is necessary
- Photo – it must be recent and taken on a white background
- E-mail address – you get your Rwanda e-visa via e-mail in PDF format.
- Means of payment – you can use a credit or debit card, but iVisa also takes PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat.
How much time do I have to wait for my application to be processed?
It is entirely up to you. iVisa gives you three options regarding the processing time of your application so that you can choose the one that best serves your needs:
- Standard processing – your Rwanda visa is ready within 7 days.
- Rush processing – you receive your travel document within 48 hours.
- Super Rush processing – your application is processed within just 24 hours.
Is it expensive to apply for a Rwanda visa online?
Not really. Plus, the price of a Rwanda visa is determined by the processing time option you choose during the application process. The costs, which include the service fees, are as follows:
- Standard – USD 30.00
- Rush – USD 30.00
- Super Rush – USD 30.00
What is the period of validity for a Rwanda visa?
The Rwanda visa is valid for Single Entry.
For how long can I stay in Rwanda when traveling on a Rwanda e-visa?
When you travel to Rwanda on a Rwanda e-visa, you are allowed to stay for up to 30 days Per Entry.
What is the Rwanda East Africa visa?
The citizens of Italy are also eligible for a Rwanda East Africa visa. The document in question grants entry in Rwanda, Kenya, and Uganda, which is incredibly convenient if you decide that you want to visit all three countries in one trip. But please remember that this type of visa is invalid unless you enter Rwanda first.
Do I need additional documents to obtain a Rwanda East Africa Visa?
Yes. Apart from the documents and info required by the Rwanda visa, you will need the following too:
- A travel itinerary
- Vaccination certificate for Yellow Fever
- Return flight ticket
- A contact in Uganda – this can be a person, a travel agency, an organization, etc.
What about Rwanda East Africa Visa processing time and fees?
The cost of a Rwanda East Africa visa, same as with the Rwanda visa, is determined by the processing time option you select for your application. iVisa gives you three choices:
- Standard processing – you receive your e-visa within 6 days, and you pay USD 100.00
- Rush processing – your application is processed within 4 days, and the cost is USD 100.00.
- Super Rush processing – you wait only 48 hours for your application to be processed, and you are charged USD 100.00.
How long is the Rwanda East Africa Visa valid for?
The Rwanda East Africa visa is valid for 90 days after arrival.
What about the number of entries and duration of stay?
You are covered for Multiple Entry, and your stay per visit is limited to 90 days Per Entry.