Traveling to Rwanda for tourism purposes means that you will most likely need a visa. However, according to Rwanda’s visa policy, all non-visa exempt nationalities can apply for a Rwanda visa online. With iVisa’s help, you can obtain the travel document you need in just 24 hours. To learn more about the Rwanda e-visa, we recommend that you read the answers to the most frequently asked questions you find below.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
Can Jamaican citizens obtain a Rwanda visa online?
Yes, the citizens of Jamaica can apply online for a Rwanda visa.
What are the requirements for a Rwanda visa e-visa?
To be able to start the online application process for a Rwanda visa, you will have to put together the following:
- Passport – check if it is valid for another 6 months after arrival and has at least one blank page
- Photo – it has to be taken recently and on a white background
- E-mail address – you receive your Rwanda e-visa via e-mail in PDF format.
- Means of payment – credit or debit cards, PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat, are all valid means of payment accepted by iVisa
How long do I have to wait for my Rwanda e-visa to be ready?
It depends on which processing time option you select for your application. iVisa gives you three choices so that you can pick the one that serves you best:
- Standard processing – 7 days.
- Rush processing – 48 hours.
- Super Rush processing – 24 hours.
Is it expensive to apply for a Rwanda visa online?
No, and the cost of your Rwanda visa depends on the processing time option you select. The prices are listed below and include the service fees.
- Standard – USD 30.00
- Rush – USD 30.00
- Super Rush – USD 30.00
What is the validity period of a Rwanda e-visa?
The Rwanda e-visa is valid for Single Entry.
How much time can I spend in Rwanda on a Rwanda e-visa?
The Rwanda visa covers a stay of 30 days Per Entry.
What is the Rwanda East Africa visa?
The citizens of Jamaica are also eligible for a Rwanda East Africa visa. It is the perfect solution if you wish to visit Rwanda, Kenya, and Uganda in a single trip. That way, you do not have to apply for three separate visas. Nonetheless, keep in mind that for this type of visa to work, you need to enter Rwanda first.
What requirements must I meet to obtain a Rwanda East Africa Visa?
Apart from what you need for a Rwanda visa, you will also have to gather the following:
- A travel itinerary
- Vaccination certificate for Yellow Fever
- Return flight ticket
- A contact in Uganda – this can be a person, a travel agency, an organization, etc.
What are the Rwanda East Africa Visa processing time and fees?
The cost of a Rwanda East Africa visa depends, once more, on the processing time option you choose for your application. Therefore:
- Standard processing – your application is processed within 6 days, and you are charged USD 100.00
- Rush processing – your e-visa is ready within 4 days, and the fee is USD 100.00.
- Super Rush processing – your Rwanda East Africa visa is ready within 48 hours, and the cost is USD 100.00.
What are the validity, number of entries, and duration of stay for a Rwanda East Africa Visa?
The Rwanda East Africa visa is valid for 90 days after arrivall. You are granted Multiple Entry, and your stay per entry cannot exceed 90 days Per Entry.