When you plan to spend your vacation in Rwanda, do not forget that you need to obtain a visa in advance. Fortunately, Rwanda has an electronic visa system to which all non-visa exempt nationalities have access. Therefore, you can apply for a Rwanda visa online. iVisa can facilitate the online application process for you. Below, you will find the answers to the most commonly asked questions so that you can learn more about the Rwanda e-visa.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
Can Japanese citizens obtain a Rwanda visa online?
Yes, the citizens of Japan are eligible for a Rwanda e-visa.
What are the requirements for a Rwanda visa e-visa?
One of the first things you need to do before you begin the online application process to obtain a Rwanda visa is to make sure that you have at hand the following:
- Passport – check if it is valid for another 6 months after arrival and has at least one blank page
- Photo – it has to be taken recently and on a white background
- E-mail address – you receive your Rwanda e-visa via e-mail in PDF format.
- Means of payment – credit or debit cards, PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat, are all valid means of payment accepted by iVisa
How long do I have to wait for my Rwanda e-visa to be ready?
It is up to you. iVisa gives you three options regarding the processing time of your application so that you can select the one that best suits your needs:
- Standard processing – 7 Business Days.
- Rush processing – 2 Business Days.
- Super Rush processing – 1 Business Day.
Is it expensive to apply for a Rwanda visa online?
Not at all. The cost of a Rwanda visa is determined by the processing time option you choose for your application. The fees for each option are:
- Standard – USD 50.00
- Rush – USD 50.00
- Super Rush – USD 50.00 The prices above include the service fees.
What is the validity period of a Rwanda e-visa?
The Rwanda e-visa is valid for Single Entry.
How much time can I spend in Rwanda on a Rwanda e-visa?
The Rwanda visa ensures a stay of maximum 30 days Per Entry.
What is the Rwanda East Africa visa?
The citizens of Japan also have access to a Rwanda East Africa visa. The document grants entry in Rwanda, Kenya, and Uganda. So, if you plan to visit all three states in one trip, you do not have to get a visa for each one. Just bear in mind that for this visa to be valid, you need to visit Rwanda first.
What requirements must I meet to obtain a Rwanda East Africa Visa?
Along with the requirements you have for a Rwanda visa, you will also need the following:
- A travel itinerary
- Vaccination certificate for Yellow Fever
- Return flight ticket
- A contact in Uganda – this can be a person, a travel agency, an organization, etc.
What are the Rwanda East Africa Visa processing time and fees?
Same as with the Rwanda visa, the price of a Rwanda East Africa visa depends on which option you select when it comes to the processing time of your application. Once again, iVisa gives you three options:
- Standard processing – your application is processed within 6 Business Days, and you are charged USD 100.00
- Rush processing – your e-visa is ready within 4 Business Days, and the fee is USD 100.00.
- Super Rush processing – your Rwanda East Africa visa is ready within 2 Business Days, and the cost is USD 100.00.
What are the validity, number of entries, and duration of stay for a Rwanda East Africa Visa?
The Rwanda East Africa visa has a validity of 90 days after arrival and covers Multiple Entry. Your stay is limited to 90 days Per Entry.