In case you are planning a trip to Rwanda for tourism purposes, know that you must acquire a visa in advance. However, thanks to Rwanda’s electronic visa system, all non-visa exempt nationalities that apply for a Rwanda visa online. With iVisa, the document you need can be in your possession in as little as 1 Business Day. Below, you will find some valuable information that will help you learn more about the Rwanda e-visa.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
Can the citizens of Kiribati obtain a Rwanda visa online?
Yes, as an I-Kiribati national, you can apply online for a Rwanda visa.
What are the requirements for a Rwanda visa e-visa?
As you will see, the list is pretty short, and the requirements on it are easy to acquire. Here is what you will need for a Rwanda visa:
- Passport – check if it is valid for another 6 months after arrival and has at least one blank page
- Photo – it has to be taken recently and on a white background
- E-mail address – you receive your Rwanda e-visa via e-mail in PDF format.
- Means of payment – credit or debit cards, PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat, are all valid means of payment accepted by iVisa
How long do I have to wait for my Rwanda e-visa to be ready?
It depends on which option you choose when it comes to the processing time of your application. iVisa gives you three choices so that you can pick the one that best suits your needs:
- Standard processing – 7 Business Days.
- Rush processing – 2 Business Days.
- Super Rush processing – 1 Business Day.
Is it expensive to apply for a Rwanda visa online?
No, and the price of a Rwanda visa depends on the processing timeframe you choose for your application. The costs, which include service fees, are as follows:
- Standard – USD 50.00
- Rush – USD 50.00
- Super Rush – USD 50.00
What is the validity period of a Rwanda e-visa?
The Rwanda e-visa is valid for Single Entry.
How much time can I spend in Rwanda on a Rwanda e-visa?
The Rwanda e-visa ensures a stay of maximum 30 days Per Entry.
What is the Rwanda East Africa visa?
The Rwanda East Africa visa is a document that allows you to visit Rwanda, but Kenya and Uganda as well. As a citizen of Kiribati, you are eligible for this one as well. It comes in handy if you decide that you want to travel to all three countries in one trip. However, you cannot use this type of visa unless you enter Rwanda first.
What requirements must I meet to obtain a Rwanda East Africa Visa?
Besides the necessary items for the Rwanda visa, you will also need the following:
- A travel itinerary
- Vaccination certificate for Yellow Fever
- Return flight ticket
- A contact in Uganda – this can be a person, a travel agency, an organization, etc.
What are the Rwanda East Africa Visa processing time and fees?
The cost of a Rwanda East Africa visa depends on the processing time of your application. Again, iVisa gives you three options:
- Standard processing – your application is processed within 6 Business Days, and you are charged USD 100.00
- Rush processing – your e-visa is ready within 4 Business Days, and the fee is USD 100.00.
- Super Rush processing – your Rwanda East Africa visa is ready within 2 Business Days, and the cost is USD 100.00.
What are the validity, number of entries, and duration of stay for a Rwanda East Africa Visa?
The Rwanda East Africa visa has a validity of 90 days after arrival, it grants Multiple Entry, and your stay is limited to 90 days Per Entry.