When you decide that you want to travel to Rwanda for tourism purposes, keep in mind that you most likely have to apply for a visa before departure. However, since electronic visas are available for Rwanda, you can get a visa online. With iVisa’s help, you can obtain the travel document in as little as 1 Business Day. To learn the details of a Rwanda e-visa, read the answers to the most frequently asked questions you find below.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
Can the citizens of Kosovo obtain a Rwanda visa online?
Yes, as a Kosovan citizen, you are eligible for a Rwanda e-visa.
What are the requirements for a Rwanda visa e-visa?
One of the first things you have to do before you apply for a Rwanda visa is to make sure that you have everything necessary for the application process. Here is what you need:
- Passport – check if it is valid for another 6 months after arrival and has at least one blank page
- Photo – it has to be taken recently and on a white background
- E-mail address – you receive your Rwanda e-visa via e-mail in PDF format.
- Means of payment – credit or debit cards, PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat, are all valid means of payment accepted by iVisa
How long do I have to wait for my Rwanda e-visa to be ready?
The Rwanda visa will be ready in the timeframe of your choosing. iVisa gives you three options when it comes to processing time so that you can choose the one that best serves your needs:
- Standard processing – 7 Business Days.
- Rush processing – 2 Business Days.
- Super Rush processing – 1 Business Day.
Is it expensive to apply for a Rwanda visa online?
Not at all. Plus, the cost of a Rwanda visa depends on the processing timeframe you select for your application. The prices mentioned above include service fees.
- Standard – USD 50.00
- Rush – USD 50.00
- Super Rush – USD 50.00
What are the validity period and the duration of stay of a Rwanda e-visa?
The Rwanda visa is valid for Single Entry, and it allows you to stay in Rwanda for no more than 30 days Per Entry.
What is the Rwanda East Africa visa?
The citizens of Kosovo are also eligible for a a Rwanda East Africa visa. With this document, you can enter Rwanda, but Kenya and Uganda as well. So, instead of applying for three separate visas, you only need one. The Rwanda East Africa visa. However, for this visa to be valid, you need to enter Rwanda first.
What requirements must I meet to obtain a Rwanda East Africa Visa?
When you apply for a Rwanda East Africa visa, you need to meet all the requirements for a Rwanda visa, but you need the following as well:
- A travel itinerary
- Vaccination certificate for Yellow Fever
- Return flight ticket
- A contact in Uganda – this can be a person, a travel agency, an organization, etc.
What is the Rwanda East Africa Visa processing time and fees?
When you obtain a Rwanda East Africa visa, you will be charged depending on the processing time option you choose for your application. Same as with the Rwanda visa. Once again, you have three options at your disposal:
- Standard processing – your application is processed within 6 Business Days, and you are charged USD 100.00
- Rush processing – your e-visa is ready within 4 Business Days, and the fee is USD 100.00.
- Super Rush processing – your Rwanda East Africa visa is ready within 2 Business Days, and the cost is USD 100.00.
What is the validity, number of entries, and duration of stay for a Rwanda East Africa Visa?
The Rwanda East Africa visa is valid for 90 days after arrival, you are given Multiple Entry, and you can stay at your destination for up to 90 days Per Entry.