Traveling to Rwanda without a visa is only possible for the visa-exempt nationalities. If you are not among them, then you need to obtain one. Fortunately, Rwanda adopted the electronic visa system in 2018, meaning that you can apply for a Rwanda visa online. With iVisa, you can get it in just 24 hours. Read the information below to learn more about the Rwanda e-visa.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
Can the citizens of Kyrgyzstan obtain a Rwanda visa online?
Yes, as a Kyrgyz national, you can apply online for a Rwanda visa.
What are the requirements for a Rwanda visa e-visa?
To acquire a Rwanda visa, you will need the following documents and information:
- Passport – check if it is valid for another 6 months after arrival and has at least one blank page
- Photo – it has to be taken recently and on a white background
- E-mail address – you receive your Rwanda e-visa via e-mail in PDF format.
- Means of payment – credit or debit cards, PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat, are all valid means of payment accepted by iVisa
How long do I have to wait for my Rwanda e-visa to be ready?
Your Rwanda visa is ready in the timeframe of your choosing. That is because iVisa gives you three processing time options. They are as follows:
- Standard processing – 7 business days.
- Rush processing – 2 business days.
- Super Rush processing – 24 hours.
Is it expensive to apply for a Rwanda visa online?
No. Plus, the cost of your Rwanda visa depends on the processing time you select for your application. The prices are as follows and include the service fee:
- Standard – USD 50.00
- Rush – USD 50.00
- Super Rush – USD 50.00
What are the validity period and the duration of stay of a Rwanda e-visa?
A Rwanda visa is valid for Single Entry, and you can stay in Rwanda for no more than 30 days Per Entry.
What is the Rwanda East Africa visa?
As a citizen of Kyrgyzstan, you can also apply for a Rwanda East Africa visa. This type of visa allows you to travel to Rwanda, but to Kenya and Uganda as well. It is the best possible solution if you want to visit all three countries in one trip. You are spared the effort of obtaining three distinct visas. Nevertheless, keep in mind that you need to enter Rwanda first for this visa to be valid.
What requirements must I meet to obtain a Rwanda East Africa Visa?
Along with the requirements you must meet for a Rwanda visa, you will also need the following documents:
- A travel itinerary
- Vaccination certificate for Yellow Fever
- Return flight ticket
- A contact in Uganda – this can be a person, a travel agency, an organization, etc.
What are the Rwanda East Africa Visa processing time and fees?
The price of a Rwanda East Africa visa is established by the processing time you choose for your application. Once more, iVisa gives you three options:
- Standard processing – your application is processed within 6 business days, and you are charged USD 100.00
- Rush processing – your e-visa is ready within 4 business days, and the fee is USD 100.00.
- Super Rush processing – your Rwanda East Africa visa is ready within 2 business days, and the cost is USD 100.00.
What are the validity, number of entries, and duration of stay for a Rwanda East Africa Visa?
The Rwanda East Africa visa has a validity period of 90 days after arrival, it ensures Multiple Entry, and you can stay at your destination for a period that cannot exceed 90 days Per Entry.