Are you traveling to Rwanda anytime soon? Then you should know that you may need to get a visa in advance. However, according to Rwanda’s visa policy, all nationalities that are not visa exempt have access to a Rwanda visa online. You can apply with iVisa and have your travel document in just 1 Business Day. To know more about the Rwanda e-visa, read the answers to the most frequently asked questions below.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
Can Laotian citizens obtain a Rwanda visa online?
Yes, the citizens of Laos can apply online for a Rwanda visa.
What are the requirements for a Rwanda visa e-visa?
When you decide to apply for a Rwanda visa online, you need to make sure that you have everything necessary for the process, which is as follows:
- Passport – check if it is valid for another 6 months after arrival and has at least one blank page
- Photo – it has to be taken recently and on a white background
- E-mail address – you receive your Rwanda e-visa via e-mail in PDF format.
- Means of payment – credit or debit cards, PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat, are all valid means of payment accepted by iVisa
How long do I have to wait for my Rwanda e-visa to be ready?
Your Rwanda e-visa will be approved in the timeframe of your choosing. How is that possible? iVisa gives you three options when it comes to processing so that you can select the one that is best for you:
- Standard processing – 7 Business Days.
- Rush processing – 2 Business Days.
- Super Rush processing – 1 Business Day.
Is it expensive to apply for a Rwanda visa online?
No. The price of a Rwanda visa is directly related to the processing time option you choose for your application. Therefore:
- Standard – USD 50.00
- Rush – USD 50.00
- Super Rush – USD 50.00
The costs above include service fees.
What are the validity period and the duration of stay of a Rwanda e-visa?
The Rwanda visa is valid for Single Entry, and you can stay inside the country for no more than 30 days Per Entry.
What is the Rwanda East Africa visa?
As a citizen of Laos, you also have access to a Rwanda East Africa visa. This document allows you to travel to Rwanda, Kenya, and Uganda. Why apply for three different visas when you can only obtain one? What you should know about this is that you must enter Rwanda first for the Rwanda East Africa visa to be valid.
What requirements must I meet to obtain a Rwanda East Africa Visa?
For a Rwanda East Africa visa you must put together all the documents and info necessary for a Rwanda visa, plus the following:
- A travel itinerary
- Vaccination certificate for Yellow Fever
- Return flight ticket
- A contact in Uganda – this can be a person, a travel agency, an organization, etc.
What are the Rwanda East Africa Visa processing time and fees?
How much you are charged for a Rwanda East Africa visa depends on the processing time option you choose for your application. Again, iVisa gives you three choices:
- Standard processing – your application is processed within 6 Business Days, and you are charged USD 100.00
- Rush processing – your e-visa is ready within 4 Business Days, and the fee is USD 100.00.
- Super Rush processing – your Rwanda East Africa visa is ready within 2 Business Days, and the cost is USD 100.00.
What are the validity, number of entries, and duration of stay for a Rwanda East Africa Visa?
The validity of a Rwanda East Africa visa is of 90 days after arrival. The document covers Multiple Entry. The duration of stay cannot exceed 90 days Per Entry.