If you decide that you want to spend your vacation in Rwanda, then you probably already know that you need to get a visa in advance. Lucky for you, Rwanda’s visa policy is pretty lenient, and it allows all non-visa exempt nationalities to apply online for a Rwanda visa. To learn more about the electronic visa for Rwanda, read the answers to the most commonly asked questions about it below.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
Can Latvian citizens obtain a Rwanda visa online?
Yes, the citizens of Latvia can apply for a Rwanda visa online.
What are the requirements for a Rwanda visa e-visa?
To acquire a Rwanda visa, you will need the following documents and information:
- Passport – check if it is valid for another 6 months after arrival and has at least one blank page
- Photo – it has to be taken recently and on a white background
- E-mail address – you receive your Rwanda e-visa via e-mail in PDF format.
- Means of payment – credit or debit cards, PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat, are all valid means of payment accepted by iVisa
How long do I have to wait for my Rwanda e-visa to be ready?
Not long. Plus, the Rwanda visa will be approved in the timeframe you agree on. iVisa gives you more than one option when it comes to the processing time of your application. They are as follows:
- Standard processing – 7 business days.
- Rush processing – 2 business days.
- Super Rush processing – 24 hours.
Is it expensive to apply for a Rwanda visa online?
No. You should know that the cost of a Rwanda visa is related to the processing time option you select for your application. The sooner you want your travel document, the more you will be charged. The fees are as follows:
- Standard – USD 30.00
- Rush – USD 30.00
- Super Rush – USD 30.00 Service fees are included.
What are the validity period and the duration of stay of a Rwanda e-visa?
The Rwanda visa is valid for Single Entry, and you cannot stay in Rwanda for more than 30 days Per Entry.
What is the Rwanda East Africa visa?
The citizens of Latvia can also obtain a Rwanda East Africa visa. This type of visa grants you entry in Rwanda, but in Kenya and Uganda as well. That way, you do not have to apply for three different visas in case you want to visit all three countries in one trip. However, keep in mind that this visa is not valid unless you enter Rwanda first.
What requirements must I meet to obtain a Rwanda East Africa Visa?
For a Rwanda East Africa visa, you will need to fulfill the requirements for a Rwanda visa, but you need the following as well:
- A travel itinerary
- Vaccination certificate for Yellow Fever
- Return flight ticket
- A contact in Uganda – this can be a person, a travel agency, an organization, etc.
What are the Rwanda East Africa Visa processing time and fees?
The cost of your Rwanda East Africa visa is established by the processing time you choose for your application. Once more, iVisa provides you with three options:
- Standard processing – your application is processed within 6 business days, and you are charged USD 100.00
- Rush processing – your e-visa is ready within 4 business days, and the fee is USD 100.00.
- Super Rush processing – your Rwanda East Africa visa is ready within 2 business days, and the cost is USD 100.00.
What are the validity, number of entries, and duration of stay for a Rwanda East Africa Visa?
The Rwanda East Africa visa has a validity of 90 days after arrival, and you are granted Multiple Entry. The maximum duration of stay for each entry is of 90 days Per Entry.