Taking a trip to Rwanda involves a lot of planning, and one of the things you need to concern yourself with is the process of getting a visa. However, you will be pleased to learn that all non-visa exempt nationalities that travel to Rwanda can obtain a visa online. With iVisa, that can happen in as little as 1 Business Day. To learn more about the Rwanda e-visa, we suggest that you read the information provided below.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
Can the citizens of Lesotho obtain a Rwanda visa online?
Yes, as a Mosotho citizen, you can apply for a Rwanda visa online.
What are the requirements for a Rwanda visa e-visa?
To get a Rwanda visa, you only need the following:
- Passport – check if it is valid for another 6 months after arrival and has at least one blank page
- Photo – it has to be taken recently and on a white background
- E-mail address – you receive your Rwanda e-visa via e-mail in PDF format.
- Means of payment – credit or debit cards, PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat, are all valid means of payment accepted by iVisa
How long do I have to wait for my Rwanda e-visa to be ready?
Your Rwanda visa will be ready depending on which option you select when it comes to the processing time of your application. iVisa gives you three choices:
- Standard processing – 7 Business Days.
- Rush processing – 2 Business Days.
- Super Rush processing – 1 Business Day.
Is it expensive to apply for a Rwanda visa online?
No, but the sooner you want your Rwanda visa to arrive, the more you will be charged. That is because the cost of the visa is related to the processing time of the application. Here are the prices:
- Standard – USD 50.00
- Rush – USD 50.00
- Super Rush – USD 50.00 The service fees are included.
What are the validity period and the duration of stay of a Rwanda e-visa?
The Rwanda visa is valid for Single Entry, and you cannot stay in Rwanda for more than 30 days Per Entry.
What is the Rwanda East Africa visa?
The Rwanda East Africa visa is a document that allows its holder to enter Rwanda, Kenya, and Uganda, and the citizens of Lesotho are eligible for it as well. It comes in handy if you want to travel to all these countries in one trip. It beats getting three separate visas, doesn’t it? But you should know that for this type of visa to be valid, you need to visit Rwanda first.
What requirements must I meet to obtain a Rwanda East Africa Visa?
You need all the documents and information required for a Rwanda visa, plus the ones on the list below:
- A travel itinerary
- Vaccination certificate for Yellow Fever
- Return flight ticket
- A contact in Uganda – this can be a person, a travel agency, an organization, etc.
What are the Rwanda East Africa Visa processing time and fees?
The cost of a Rwanda East Africa visa is again related to the processing time of your application. iVisa gives you three options this time as well:
- Standard processing – your application is processed within 6 Business Days, and you are charged USD 100.00
- Rush processing – your e-visa is ready within 4 Business Days, and the fee is USD 100.00.
- Super Rush processing – your Rwanda East Africa visa is ready within 2 Business Days, and the cost is USD 100.00.
What are the validity, number of entries, and duration of stay for a Rwanda East Africa Visa?
The Rwanda East Africa visa has a validity of 90 days after arrival, and it grants Multiple Entry. Your stay is limited to 90 days Per Entry.