When you decide that you want to travel to Rwanda for tourism purposes, one of the first things you need to take care of is the visa. Unless you are visa exempt, you must obtain one in advance. However, you will be happy to learn that you can apply for a Rwanda visa online, and iVisa can help with the application process. Below, you will find the information you need to know about the Rwanda e-visa.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
Can Liberian citizens obtain a Rwanda visa online?
Yes, the citizens of Liberia can apply online for a Rwanda visa.
What are the requirements for a Rwanda visa e-visa?
To acquire a Rwanda visa, you will need to put together the following:
- Passport – check if it is valid for another 6 months after arrival and has at least one blank page
- Photo – it has to be taken recently and on a white background
- E-mail address – you receive your Rwanda e-visa via e-mail in PDF format.
- Means of payment – credit or debit cards, PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat, are all valid means of payment accepted by iVisa
How long do I have to wait for my Rwanda e-visa to be ready?
iVisa gives you three options when it comes to processing time, and your Rwanda visa will arrive in the timeframe of your choosing. Here is what you can opt for:
- Standard processing – 7 days.
- Rush processing – 48 hours.
- Super Rush processing – 24 hours.
Is it expensive to apply for a Rwanda visa online?
Not at all. Plus, the cost of your Rwanda visa is related to the processing time of your application. The prices, which include service fees, are as follows:
- Standard – USD 30.00
- Rush – USD 30.00
- Super Rush – USD 30.00
What are the validity period and the duration of stay of a Rwanda e-visa?
The Rwanda visa is valid for Single Entry, and you are allowed to spend up to 30 days Per Entry in Rwanda.
What is the Rwanda East Africa visa?
The citizens of Liberia are eligible for a Rwanda East Africa visa as well. If you hold this type of visa, you can enter Rwanda, but Kenya and Uganda as well. That way, when you wish to visit all three countries on one trip, you do not have to acquire three separate visas. Nevertheless, for this scheme to work, you need to enter Rwanda first.
What requirements must I meet to obtain a Rwanda East Africa Visa?
You have to meet all the requirements for a Rwanda visa, but you will need these additional documents:
- A travel itinerary
- Vaccination certificate for Yellow Fever
- Return flight ticket
- A contact in Uganda – this can be a person, a travel agency, an organization, etc.
What are the Rwanda East Africa Visa processing time and fees?
Once more, the price of your Rwanda East Africa visa depends on which option you choose when it comes to the processing time of your application. iVisa gives you three choices this time around too:
- Standard processing – your application is processed within 6 days, and you are charged USD 100.00
- Rush processing – your e-visa is ready within 4 days, and the fee is USD 100.00.
- Super Rush processing – your Rwanda East Africa visa is ready within 48 hours, and the cost is USD 100.00.
What are the validity, number of entries, and duration of stay for a Rwanda East Africa Visa?
The Rwanda East Africa visa is valid for 90 days after arrival, it ensures Multiple Entry, and your stay cannot exceed 90 days Per Entry.