A trip to Rwanda entails plenty of planning, but did you know that you most likely need a visa to get inside the country? There are a few visa-exempt nationalities, but unless you are among them, you need to apply for a visa in advance. Fortunately, you can apply online for one, and iVisa is here to help you through the online application process. Below, you will find more information about the Rwanda e-visa.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
Can Libyan citizens obtain a Rwanda visa online?
Yes, the citizens of Libya can apply online for a Rwanda visa.
What are the requirements for a Rwanda visa e-visa?
To receive a Rwanda visa, you need to fulfill the following requirements:
- Passport – check if it is valid for another 6 months after arrival and has at least one blank page
- Photo – it has to be taken recently and on a white background
- E-mail address – you receive your Rwanda e-visa via e-mail in PDF format.
- Means of payment – credit or debit cards, PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat, are all valid means of payment accepted by iVisa
How long do I have to wait for my Rwanda e-visa to be ready?
Your Rwanda visa will be ready in the timeframe of your choosing. How is that possible? When it comes to the processing time of your application, iVisa gives you three options:
- Standard processing – 7 Business Days.
- Rush processing – 2 Business Days.
- Super Rush processing – 1 Business Day.
Is it expensive to apply for a Rwanda visa online?
It does not have to be. The price of a Rwanda visa is determined by the processing time of your application. The costs are as follows and include service fees:
- Standard – USD 50.00
- Rush – USD 50.00
- Super Rush – USD 50.00
What are the validity period and the duration of stay of a Rwanda e-visa?
The Rwanda visa is valid for Single Entry, and you cannot stay in Rwanda for more than 90 days Per Entry.
What is the Rwanda East Africa visa?
In case you are interested, the citizens of Libya are also eligible for a Rwanda East Africa visa, a document that allows you to enter Rwanda, Kenya, and Uganda. It is ideal if you want to take a trip to all three countries during a single trip. What you need to know is that for this type of visa to be valid, you need to enter Rwanda first.
What requirements must I meet to obtain a Rwanda East Africa Visa?
In addition to what you must put together for a Rwanda visa, you will also need the documents on the list below:
- A travel itinerary
- Vaccination certificate for Yellow Fever
- Return flight ticket
- A contact in Uganda – this can be a person, a travel agency, an organization, etc.
What are the Rwanda East Africa Visa processing time and fees?
The cost of a Rwanda East Africa visa is determined by the option you select when it comes to the processing time of your application. Once again, iVisa offers three choices:
- Standard processing – your application is processed within 6 Business Days, and you are charged USD 100.00
- Rush processing – your e-visa is ready within 4 Business Days, and the fee is USD 100.00.
- Super Rush processing – your Rwanda East Africa visa is ready within 2 Business Days, and the cost is USD 100.00.
What are the validity, number of entries, and duration of stay for a Rwanda East Africa Visa?
The Rwanda East Africa visa is valid for 90 days after arrival. The document covers Multiple Entry, and your stay is limited to 90 days Per Entry.