Are you planning a vacation in Rwanda? Then you should know that you may need a visa to enter the country. Fortunately, Rwanda adopted the electronic visa system in 2018, and if indeed you need to obtain a visa in advance, know that you have access to a Rwanda e-visa. To learn more, we recommend that you read the information provided for you below.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
Can the citizens of Liechtenstein obtain a Rwanda visa online?
Yes, as a Liechtensteiner, you can apply online for a Rwanda visa.
What are the requirements for a Rwanda visa e-visa?
Before you start the online application process to get a Rwanda visa, we advise that you put together the following:
- Passport – check if it is valid for another 6 months after arrival and has at least one blank page
- Photo – it has to be taken recently and on a white background
- E-mail address – you receive your Rwanda e-visa via e-mail in PDF format.
- Means of payment – credit or debit cards, PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat, are all valid means of payment accepted by iVisa
How long do I have to wait for my Rwanda e-visa to be ready?
Believe it or not, you choose the timeframe in which your Rwanda visa is ready. That is because iVisa gives you three option when it comes to the processing time of your application. They are as follows:
- Standard processing – 7 business days.
- Rush processing – 2 business days.
- Super Rush processing – 24 hours.
Is it expensive to apply for a Rwanda visa online?
No. Plus, the amount you will be charged for a Rwanda visa depends on the processing time of your application. The prices for each option include the service fee, and they are as follows:
- Standard – USD 30.00
- Rush – USD 30.00
- Super Rush – USD 30.00
What are the validity period and the duration of stay of a Rwanda e-visa?
The Rwanda visa is valid for Single Entry, and it allows you to remain in Rwanda for a period that cannot exceed 30 days Per Entry.
What is the Rwanda East Africa visa?
The citizens of Liechtenstein also qualify for a Rwanda East Africa visa. The document allows its holder to visit not only Rwanda, but Kenya and Uganda as well. That way, you do not have to apply for three different visas. Nonetheless, bear in mind that for this scheme to work, you need to visit Rwanda first.
What requirements must I meet to obtain a Rwanda East Africa Visa?
Besides the documents and info you must gather for the Rwanda visa, the following are also necessary:
- A travel itinerary
- Vaccination certificate for Yellow Fever
- Return flight ticket
- A contact in Uganda – this can be a person, a travel agency, an organization, etc.
What are the Rwanda East Africa Visa processing time and fees?
The cost of your Rwanda East Africa visa, the same as with the Rwanda visa, is established by the option you choose regarding the processing time of your application.
- Standard processing – your application is processed within 6 business days, and you are charged USD 100.00
- Rush processing – your e-visa is ready within 4 business days, and the fee is USD 100.00.
- Super Rush processing – your Rwanda East Africa visa is ready within 2 business days, and the cost is USD 100.00.
What are the validity, number of entries, and duration of stay for a Rwanda East Africa Visa?
The period of validity of a Rwanda East Africa visa is of 90 days after arrival. The document ensures Multiple Entry, and you can stay at your destination for up to 90 days Per Entry.