Traveling to Rwanda entails plenty of planning, but did you know that you may have to obtain a visa in advance? All non-visa exempt nationalities must, but fortunately, Rwanda’s visa policy allows you to apply for a visa online. With iVisa, you can acquire the travel document you need in as little as 1 Business Day. To learn more about the Rwanda e-visa, please read the information presented below.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
Can Lithuanian citizens obtain a Rwanda visa online?
Yes, the citizens of Lithuania can apply for a Rwanda visa online.
What are the requirements for a Rwanda visa e-visa?
To obtain a Rwanda e-visa, you must make sure that you have at hand the following:
- Passport – check if it is valid for another 6 months after arrival and has at least one blank page
- Photo – it has to be taken recently and on a white background
- E-mail address – you receive your Rwanda e-visa via e-mail in PDF format.
- Means of payment – credit or debit cards, PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat, are all valid means of payment accepted by iVisa
How long do I have to wait for my Rwanda e-visa to be ready?
Your Rwanda visa will be ready in the timeframe of your choosing. That is because iVisa gives you three options when it comes to the processing time of your application:
- Standard processing – 7 Business Days.
- Rush processing – 2 Business Days.
- Super Rush processing – 1 Business Day.
Is it expensive to apply for a Rwanda visa online?
No. Also, keep in mind that the amount of money you spend on a Rwanda visa is determined by the processing time of your application. Therefore:
- Standard – USD 50.00
- Rush – USD 50.00
- Super Rush – USD 50.00
The prices above include the service fees.
What are the validity period and the duration of stay of a Rwanda e-visa?
The Rwanda visa is valid for Single Entry, and you can stay in Rwanda for up to 30 days Per Entry.
What is the Rwanda East Africa visa?
The citizens of Lithuania are also eligible for a Rwanda East Africa visa. This document ensures entry in Rwanda, but in Kenya and Uganda as well. It is the best solution if you plan to travel to all these countries on one trip. However, keep in mind that this visa is not valid unless you enter Rwanda first.
What requirements must I meet to obtain a Rwanda East Africa Visa?
Apart from what you need for a Rwanda visa, you also must have at hand the following documents:
- A travel itinerary
- Vaccination certificate for Yellow Fever
- Return flight ticket
- A contact in Uganda – this can be a person, a travel agency, an organization, etc.
What is the Rwanda East Africa Visa processing time and fees?
The cost of a Rwanda East Africa visa depends on the processing time you choose for your application. Once again, iVisa gives you three options:
- Standard processing – your application is processed within 6 Business Days, and you are charged USD 100.00
- Rush processing – your e-visa is ready within 4 Business Days, and the fee is USD 100.00.
- Super Rush processing – your Rwanda East Africa visa is ready within 2 Business Days, and the cost is USD 100.00.
What is the validity, number of entries, and duration of stay for a Rwanda East Africa Visa?
The Rwanda East Africa visa has a validity period of 90 days after arrival. You are granted Multiple Entry, and the duration of stay cannot exceed 90 days Per Entry.