When you plan a trip to Rwanda, you must not forget that you most likely need to obtain a visa in advance. Only visa-exempt nationalities can skip this formality. However, you will be pleased to learn that you can apply for a Rwanda visa online. iVisa provides a smooth and fast application process. For more details about the Rwanda e-visa, please read the information provided for you below.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
Can the citizens of Luxembourg obtain a Rwanda visa online?
Yes, the citizens of Luxembourg can apply online for a Rwanda visa.
What are the requirements for a Rwanda visa e-visa?
Before you start the online application process to get a Rwanda visa, you need to make sure that you have at your disposal the following:
- Passport – check if it is valid for another 6 months after arrival and has at least one blank page
- Photo – it has to be taken recently and on a white background
- E-mail address – you receive your Rwanda e-visa via e-mail in PDF format.
- Means of payment – credit or debit cards, PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat, are all valid means of payment accepted by iVisa
How long do I have to wait for my Rwanda e-visa to be ready?
Your Rwanda visa will be ready as soon as you want it to. How is that possible? When it comes to the processing time of your application, iVisa gives you three options so that you can choose the one that best suits your needs:
- Standard processing – 7 business days.
- Rush processing – 2 business days.
- Super Rush processing – 24 hours.
Is it expensive to apply for a Rwanda visa online?
No, and the price of your Rwanda visa is directly related to the processing time of your application. Here are the fees for each option you are given:
- Standard – USD 30.00
- Rush – USD 30.00
- Super Rush – USD 30.00
Service fees are included.
What are the validity period and the duration of stay of a Rwanda e-visa?
The Rwanda visa is valid for Single Entry, and you cannot stay in the country for more than 30 days Per Entry.
What is the Rwanda East Africa visa?
The Rwanda East Africa visa is a type of visa that allows its holder to visit Rwanda, Kenya, and Uganda. The citizens of Luxembourg are eligible for this one as well. It is the ideal solution if you decide to travel to all three countries on one trip. However, please remember that for this type of visa to be valid, you need to enter Rwanda first.
What requirements must I meet to obtain a Rwanda East Africa Visa?
In addition to the requirements you must meet for a Rwanda visa, you will also need the following:
- A travel itinerary
- Vaccination certificate for Yellow Fever
- Return flight ticket
- A contact in Uganda – this can be a person, a travel agency, an organization, etc.
What are the Rwanda East Africa Visa processing time and fees?
The Rwanda East Africa visa cost depends on the processing time you select for your application. iVisa provides you with three options this time around as well:
- Standard processing – your application is processed within 6 business days, and you are charged USD 100.00
- Rush processing – your e-visa is ready within 4 business days, and the fee is USD 100.00.
- Super Rush processing – your Rwanda East Africa visa is ready within 2 business days, and the cost is USD 100.00.
What is the validity, number of entries, and duration of stay for a Rwanda East Africa Visa?
The Rwanda East Africa visa has a validity of 90 days after arrival. You are granted 90 days after arrival, and your stay cannot be over 90 days Per Entry.