Planning a trip to Rwanda anytime soon? Then you probably already know that you may require a visa. Lucky for you, Rwanda has a lenient visa policy. It allows all nationalities that are not visa exempt to apply for a Rwanda visa online. With iVisa, you can get the travel document in just 24 hours. To learn more about the Rwanda e-visa, read the information we provided for you below.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
Can the citizens of Madagascar obtain a Rwanda visa online?
Yes, as a Malagasy national, you can get a Rwanda visa online.
What are the requirements for a Rwanda visa e-visa?
Before you start the online application process for a Rwanda visa, we suggest that you put together the following:
- Passport – check if it is valid for another 6 months after arrival and has at least one blank page
- Photo – it has to be taken recently and on a white background
- E-mail address – you receive your Rwanda e-visa via e-mail in PDF format.
- Means of payment – credit or debit cards, PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat, are all valid means of payment accepted by iVisa
How long do I have to wait for my Rwanda e-visa to be ready?
The timeframe in which your Rwanda visa is ready depends on the processing time you select for your application. iVisa gives you three choices so that you can pick the one that best serves your needs:
- Standard processing – 7 business days.
- Rush processing – 2 business days.
- Super Rush processing – 24 hours.
Is it expensive to apply for a Rwanda visa online?
No. Also, keep in mind that the price of your Rwanda visa depends on the which processing time option you choose for your application. The costs (service fees included) are:
- Standard – USD 30.00
- Rush – USD 30.00
- Super Rush – USD 30.00
What are the validity period and the duration of stay of a Rwanda e-visa?
The Rwanda visa is valid for Single Entry, but you cannot stay in Rwanda for more than 90 days Per Entry.
What is the Rwanda East Africa visa?
As a Malagasy national, you can also apply for a Rwanda East Africa visa. This particular visa allows you to travel to Rwanda, but to Kenya and Uganda as well. It is ideal if you decide to visit all three countries on one trip. But please remember that this type of visa is only valid if you visit Rwanda first.
What requirements must I meet to obtain a Rwanda East Africa Visa?
Apart from the requirements you have to fulfill for a Rwanda visa, you also need to have at hand the following:
- A travel itinerary
- Vaccination certificate for Yellow Fever
- Return flight ticket
- A contact in Uganda – this can be a person, a travel agency, an organization, etc.
What are the Rwanda East Africa Visa processing time and fees?
The cost of a Rwanda East Africa visa depends once more on the processing time option you select for your application. iVisa gives you three choices:
- Standard processing – your application is processed within 6 business days, and you are charged USD 100.00
- Rush processing – your e-visa is ready within 4 business days, and the fee is USD 100.00.
- Super Rush processing – your Rwanda East Africa visa is ready within 2 business days, and the cost is USD 100.00.
What are the validity, number of entries, and duration of stay for a Rwanda East Africa Visa?
The validity of a Rwanda East Africa visa is of 90 days after arrival, and you are given 90 days after arrival. You can stay at your destination for up to 90 days Per Entry per visit.