When you plan a trip to Rwanda, one of the first things on your mind should be concerning the visa. Nevertheless, Rwanda adopted the electronic visa system in 2018, and as a result, you have the possibility to apply for a Rwanda visa online. To learn more about the electronic visa for Rwanda, we suggest that you read the answers to the most commonly asked questions you find below.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
Can the citizens of Malawi obtain a Rwanda visa online?
Yes, the Malawian citizens are among the nationalities that can apply for a Rwanda visa online.
What are the requirements for a Rwanda visa e-visa?
To successfully apply for a Rwanda visa, make sure that you have at your disposal the following:
- Passport – check if it is valid for another 6 months after arrival and has at least one blank page
- Photo – it has to be taken recently and on a white background
- E-mail address – you receive your Rwanda e-visa via e-mail in PDF format.
- Means of payment – credit or debit cards, PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat, are all valid means of payment accepted by iVisa
How long do I have to wait for my Rwanda e-visa to be ready?
It is up to you. iVisa gives you three options when it comes to the processing time of your application form. That way, you can choose the one that is best for you.
- Standard processing – 7 business days.
- Rush processing – 2 business days.
- Super Rush processing – 24 hours.
Is it expensive to apply for a Rwanda visa online?
No, and the cost of your Rwanda visa is determined by the processing timeframe you choose for your application. The prices, which include the service fees, are the following:
- Standard – USD 50.00
- Rush – USD 50.00
- Super Rush – USD 50.00
What are the validity period and the duration of stay of a Rwanda e-visa?
The Rwanda visa is valid for Single Entry. You can stay in Rwanda for no more than 90 days Per Entry.
What is the Rwanda East Africa visa?
With a Rwanda East Africa visa, you can visit Rwanda, Kenya, and Uganda on the same trip. As a citizen of Malawi, you have access to this type of visa as well. But please bear in mind that for this visa to be valid, you need to enter Rwanda first.
What requirements must I meet to obtain a Rwanda East Africa Visa?
Besides what you need for a Rwanda visa, you must be able to provide the following as well:
- A travel itinerary
- Vaccination certificate for Yellow Fever
- Return flight ticket
- A contact in Uganda – this can be a person, a travel agency, an organization, etc.
What are the Rwanda East Africa Visa processing time and fees?
Once more, the cost of your Rwanda East Africa visa is established by which processing time you choose for your application. You can opt for one of the following:
- Standard processing – your application is processed within 6 business days, and you are charged USD 100.00
- Rush processing – your e-visa is ready within 4 business days, and the fee is USD 100.00.
- Super Rush processing – your Rwanda East Africa visa is ready within 2 business days, and the cost is USD 100.00.
What is the validity, number of entries, and duration of stay for a Rwanda East Africa Visa?
The Rwanda East Africa visa has a validity period of 90 days after arrival, and it covers 90 days after arrival. Your duration of stay cannot go over 90 days Per Entry.