In case you are planning a trip to Rwanda, one of the first things you have to do is to acquire a visa. Not all nationalities need one, but if you are not visa exempt, know that Rwanda’s visa policy allows you to apply for a Rwanda visa online. iVisa can help with the application process so that you can get the travel document you need in just 1 Business Day. To learn more about the Rwanda e-visa, please read the answers to the most frequently asked questions below.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
Can the citizens of Maldives obtain a Rwanda visa online?
Yes, Maldivian national can apply for a Rwanda visa online.
What are the requirements for a Rwanda visa e-visa?
One of the first things you have to do before starting the application process is to make sure that you have everything necessary. For a Rwanda visa, you need the following:
- Passport – check if it is valid for another 6 months after arrival and has at least one blank page
- Photo – it has to be taken recently and on a white background
- E-mail address – you receive your Rwanda e-visa via e-mail in PDF format.
- Means of payment – credit or debit cards, PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat, are all valid means of payment accepted by iVisa
How long do I have to wait for my Rwanda e-visa to be ready?
iVisa gives you three options when it comes to the processing time of your application. The one you choose determines the timeframe in which your Rwanda visa is ready.
- Standard processing – 7 Business Days.
- Rush processing – 2 Business Days.
- Super Rush processing – 1 Business Day.
Is it expensive to apply for a Rwanda visa online?
Not exactly. Plus, the cost of your Rwanda visa is determined by the processing time option you select for your application. The prices are:
- Standard – USD 50.00
- Rush – USD 50.00
- Super Rush – USD 50.00
Service fees are included.
What are the validity period and the duration of stay of a Rwanda e-visa?
The Rwanda visa is valid for Single Entry, and you can stay for up to 30 days Per Entry in Rwanda.
What is the Rwanda East Africa visa?
With a Rwanda East Africa visa, you can visit Rwanda, but Kenya and Uganda as well. As a citizen of Maldives, you qualify for this type of visa too, and it is the perfect solution if you wish to visit all three countries on one trip. So, instead of applying for three separate visas, you only need one. However, please keep in mind that for this scheme to work, you must visit Rwanda first.
What requirements must I meet to obtain a Rwanda East Africa Visa?
In addition to the requirements you must fulfill for a Rwanda visa, you will also need the following:
- A travel itinerary
- Vaccination certificate for Yellow Fever
- Return flight ticket
- A contact in Uganda – this can be a person, a travel agency, an organization, etc.
What are the Rwanda East Africa Visa processing time and fees?
The cost of a Rwanda East Africa visa depends on the processing time you choose for your application, just like with the Rwanda visa. Once again, iVisa provides you with three options:
- Standard processing – your application is processed within 6 Business Days, and you are charged USD 100.00
- Rush processing – your e-visa is ready within 4 Business Days, and the fee is USD 100.00.
- Super Rush processing – your Rwanda East Africa visa is ready within 2 Business Days, and the cost is USD 100.00.
What are the validity, number of entries, and duration of stay for a Rwanda East Africa Visa?
The Rwanda East Africa visa has a validity of 90 days after arrival, it covers 90 days after arrival, and you can stay at your destination for no more than 90 days Per Entry.