When you plan to travel to Rwanda for tourism purposes, one of the things you need to do is to obtain a visa in advance. If you are not visa exempt, that is. However, as it happens, Rwanda adopted the electronic visa in 2018, which means that you can apply for a Rwanda visa online. To learn more about the Rwanda e-visa, we suggest that you read the information we provided for you below.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
Can the citizens of Mali obtain a Rwanda visa online?
Yes, Malian nationals can apply for a Rwanda visa online.
What are the requirements for a Rwanda visa e-visa?
To successfully apply for a Rwanda visa, we suggest that you first put together everything necessary, and then fill in the application form. Here is what you will need:
- Passport – check if it is valid for another 6 months after arrival and has at least one blank page
- Photo – it has to be taken recently and on a white background
- E-mail address – you receive your Rwanda e-visa via e-mail in PDF format.
- Means of payment – credit or debit cards, PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat, are all valid means of payment accepted by iVisa
How long do I have to wait for my Rwanda e-visa to be ready?
The amount of time you must wait for your Rwanda visa depends on the processing time you pick for your application. iVisa gives you three options so that you can choose the one that best suits your needs:
- Standard processing – 7 days.
- Rush processing – 48 hours.
- Super Rush processing – 24 hours.
Is it expensive to apply for a Rwanda visa online?
No. Moreover, remember that the cost of a Rwanda visa is influenced by the processing time option you select for your application. The service fees are included.
- Standard – USD 30.00
- Rush – USD 30.00
- Super Rush – USD 30.00
What are the validity period and the duration of stay of a Rwanda e-visa?
The Rwanda visa is valid for Single Entry, and you are allowed to stay in Rwanda for up to 30 days Per Entry.
What is the Rwanda East Africa visa?
As a citizen of Mali, you are also eligible for a Rwanda East Africa visa. This type of visa grants you entry in Rwanda, Kenya, and Uganda. It is ideal if you wish to travel to all three countries in one trip. That way, you are spared the effort of applying for three distinct visas. But you should know that this visa is valid only if you enter Rwanda first.
What requirements must I meet to obtain a Rwanda East Africa Visa?
Along with the requirements you must meet for a Rwanda visa, you need to be able to provide the following as well:
- A travel itinerary
- Vaccination certificate for Yellow Fever
- Return flight ticket
- A contact in Uganda – this can be a person, a travel agency, an organization, etc.
What are the Rwanda East Africa Visa processing time and fees?
The amount you will be charged for a Rwanda East Africa visa depends, once more, on the processing time you choose for your application. You are provided with three options:
- Standard processing – your application is processed within 6 days, and you are charged USD 100.00
- Rush processing – your e-visa is ready within 4 days, and the fee is USD 100.00.
- Super Rush processing – your Rwanda East Africa visa is ready within 48 hours, and the cost is USD 100.00.
What are the validity, number of entries, and duration of stay for a Rwanda East Africa Visa?
The Rwanda East Africa visa is valid for 90 days after arrival. You are granted 90 days after arrival, and the duration of stay is limited to 90 days Per Entry.