Are you planning a trip to Rwanda anytime soon? Then you should know that you may need a visa in advance. Only a handful of nationalities do not require a visa to enter Rwanda. Fortunately, Rwanda adopted the electronic visa in 2018, and as a result, you can apply for a Rwanda visa online. To learn more about the Rwanda e-visa, please read the answers to the most frequently asked questions you can find below.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
Can the citizens of Malta apply for a Rwanda visa online?
Yes, as a Maltese citizen, you can apply for a Rwanda visa online.
What do I need to apply for a Rwanda e-visa?
As you will see, the list of requirements for a Rwanda visa is short, and the items on it are easy to get your hands on. For a successful application process, you will need the following:
- Passport – check its expiry date to make sure it is valid for another 6 months after arrival and has at least one blank page
- Photo – taken recently and on a white background
- E-mail address – your Rwanda e-visa is sent via e-mail in PDF format.
- Means of payment – iVisa accepts credit or debit cards, PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat
How long must I wait for my Rwanda e-visa to be issued?
It depends on what processing time you choose for your application. iVisa gives you three options so that you can receive your Rwanda visa in the best possible timeframe:
- Standard processing – 7 business days
- Rush processing – 2 business days
- Super Rush processing – 24 hours
How much will I be charged for a Rwanda e-visa?
The cost of a Rwanda e-visa is determined by the processing time you select for your application. The prices, which include the service fees, are as follows:
- Standard – USD 50.00
- Rush – USD 50.00
- Super Rush – USD 50.00
How long is the Rwanda e-visa valid for and how much time can I remain in Rwanda?
The Rwanda visa is valid for Single Entry, and the maximum duration of stay is of 30 days Per Entry.
What is the Rwanda East Africa visa?
In case you decide that you want to visit Rwanda, Kenya, and Uganda, all in one trip, you can apply for a Rwanda East Africa visa. That way, you obtain a single visa, not three different ones. However, keep in mind that for this visa to be valid, you need to enter Rwanda first.
What do I need to apply for a Rwanda East Africa Visa?
You must have at hand everything that is required for the Rwanda visa, plus the following additional documents:
- A travel itinerary
- Vaccination certificate for Yellow Fever
- Return flight ticket
- A contact in Uganda – this can be a person, a travel agency, an organization, etc.
What is the Rwanda East Africa Visa processing time and fees?
Just like with the Rwanda visa, the cost of a Rwanda East Africa visa depends on the processing time you choose for your application. iVisa gives you three options this time around too:
- Standard processing – your travel document is ready within 6 business days, and you must pay USD 100.00 for it
- Rush processing – your application is processed within 4 business days, and the cost is USD 100.00
- Super Rush processing – your Rwanda East Africa visa arrives within 2 business days, and you are charged USD 100.00
What is the validity, number of entries, and duration of stay for a Rwanda East Africa Visa?
The Rwanda East Africa Visa is valid for 90 days after arrival. It covers Multiple Entry, and you can stay at your destination for no more than 90 days Per Entry per entry.