When you are planning a trip to Rwanda for tourism purposes, one of the things you need to do before departure is to obtain a visa. That, of course, unless you are visa exempt. But you should know that the visa policy of Rwanda allows all non-visa exempt nationalities to apply for a Rwanda visa online, and iVisa can help with the application process. To learn more about the Rwanda e-visa, we suggest that you read the answers to the most commonly asked questions below.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
Can the citizens of Mauritania apply for a Rwanda visa online?
Yes, Mauritanian nationals have the possibility to apply for a Rwanda visa online.
What do I need to apply for a Rwanda e-visa?
The first things you need to do before you start the online application process to obtain a Rwanda visa is to check if you have everything necessary. As you will see, the list of requirements is short, and the items on it are easy to acquire. You will need the following:
- Passport – check its expiry date to make sure it is valid for another 6 months after arrival and has at least one blank page
- Photo – taken recently and on a white background
- E-mail address – your Rwanda e-visa is sent via e-mail in PDF format.
- Means of payment – iVisa accepts credit or debit cards, PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat
How long must I wait for my Rwanda e-visa to be issued?
It depends on the processing time you select for your application. Your Rwanda visa will be ready in the timeframe of your choosing. iVisa gives you three options:
- Standard processing – 7 business days
- Rush processing – 2 business days
- Super Rush processing – 24 hours
How much will I be charged for a Rwanda e-visa?
The cost of a Rwanda e-visa depends on the processing time you choose for your application. Keep in mind that the service fees are already included in the prices below:
- Standard – USD 30.00
- Rush – USD 30.00
- Super Rush – USD 30.00
How long is the Rwanda e-visa valid for and how much time can I remain in Rwanda?
The Rwanda visa is valid for Single Entry, and you can stay in Rwanda for up to 30 days Per Entry.
What is the Rwanda East Africa visa?
In case you wish to travel to Rwanda, Kenya, and Uganda during the same trip, you should know that the citizens of Mauritania are also eligible for a Rwanda East Africa visa. The document grants you entry in all three countries. That way, you do not have to apply for three separate visas. Nevertheless, bear in mind that you need to enter Rwanda first for this type of visa to be valid.
What do I need to apply for a Rwanda East Africa Visa?
Besides the requirements you must meet for a Rwanda visa, you will also need to have at hand the following documents:
- A travel itinerary
- Vaccination certificate for Yellow Fever
- Return flight ticket
- A contact in Uganda – this can be a person, a travel agency, an organization, etc.
What is the Rwanda East Africa Visa processing time and fees?
Same as with the Rwanda visa, the price of a Rwanda East Africa visa depends on which processing time you select for your application. Once again, iVisa gives you three options:
- Standard processing – your travel document is ready within 6 business days, and you must pay USD 100.00 for it
- Rush processing – your application is processed within 4 business days, and the cost is USD 100.00
- Super Rush processing – your Rwanda East Africa visa arrives within 2 business days, and you are charged USD 100.00
What is the validity, number of entries, and duration of stay for a Rwanda East Africa Visa?
The Rwanda East Africa Visa has a validity period of 90 days after arrival after arrival. It ensures Multiple Entry, and you can remain at your destination for up to 90 days Per Entry per visit.