When you plan to spend your vacation in Rwanda, the first thing that you should cross off your checklist is the visa. Unless you are exempt, you will have to apply for one before departure. Lucky for you, Rwanda’s visa policy allows all non-visa exempt nationalities to obtain a Rwanda visa online. With iVisa, you will enjoy a fast and smooth online application process. To learn more about the Rwanda e-visa, you can read the information provided for you below.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
Can the citizens of Mexico apply for a Rwanda visa online?
Yes, as a Mexican citizen, you are given the possibility to apply for a Rwanda visa online.
What do I need to apply for a Rwanda e-visa?
As you will notice, the list of requirements for a Rwanda visa is not long, and the items on it are easy to acquire. Here is what you will need:
- Passport – check its expiry date to make sure it is valid for another 6 months after arrival and has at least one blank page
- Photo – taken recently and on a white background
- E-mail address – your Rwanda e-visa is sent via e-mail in PDF format.
- Means of payment – iVisa accepts credit or debit cards, PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat
How long must I wait for my Rwanda e-visa to be issued?
The waiting period for a Rwanda visa depends on the processing time of your application, and it is you who gets to choose it. iVisa gives you three processing options so that you can select the one that best serves your needs:
- Standard processing – 7 days
- Rush processing – 48 hours
- Super Rush processing – 24 hours
How much will I be charged for a Rwanda e-visa?
The amount you will be charged for a Rwanda visa depends on the processing time you choose for your application. The prices below include the service fees.
- Standard – USD 30.00
- Rush – USD 30.00
- Super Rush – USD 30.00
How long is the Rwanda e-visa valid for and how much time can I remain in Rwanda?
The Rwanda visa is valid for Single Entry, and you can stay in Rwanda for maximum 30 days Per Entry.
What is the Rwanda East Africa visa?
The citizens of Mexico also qualify for a Rwanda East Africa visa. The document gives you access to Rwanda, Kenya, and Uganda. It is the best possible solution if you wish to visit all three countries on the same trip. That way, you are not required to obtain three distinct visas. However, for the Rwanda East Africa visa to be valid, you need to visit Rwanda first.
What do I need to apply for a Rwanda East Africa Visa?
Along with the requirements you must meet for a Rwanda visa, you will need the following:
- A travel itinerary
- Vaccination certificate for Yellow Fever
- Return flight ticket
- A contact in Uganda – this can be a person, a travel agency, an organization, etc.
What is the Rwanda East Africa Visa processing time and fees?
The cost of a Rwanda East Africa visa is determined, once more, by the processing time of your application. iVisa gives you three options this time around as well.
- Standard processing – your travel document is ready within 6 days, and you must pay USD 100.00 for it
- Rush processing – your application is processed within 4 days, and the cost is USD 100.00
- Super Rush processing – your Rwanda East Africa visa arrives within 48 hours, and you are charged USD 100.00
What is the validity, number of entries, and duration of stay for a Rwanda East Africa Visa?
The Rwanda East Africa Visa is valid for 90 days after arrival after arrival. It covers Multiple Entry, and your stay is limited to 90 days Per Entry per entry.