Traveling to Rwanda means that you may have to obtain a visa in advance unless you are among the visa-exempt nationalities. However, in 2018, Rwanda adopted the electronic visa system, meaning that you can apply for a Rwanda visa online. iVisa ensures a short and straightforward online application process. Read the answers to the most frequently asked questions below to learn more about the Rwanda e-visa.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
Can the citizens of Micronesia apply for a Rwanda visa online?
Yes, Micronesian citizens can apply online for a Rwanda visa.
What do I need to apply for a Rwanda e-visa?
For a successful application process, you need to make sure that you meet all the requirements. As you will see, the Rwanda visa is not a demanding document to obtain. You only need the following:
- Passport – check its expiry date to make sure it is valid for another 6 months after arrival and has at least one blank page
- Photo – taken recently and on a white background
- E-mail address – your Rwanda e-visa is sent via e-mail in PDF format.
- Means of payment – iVisa accepts credit or debit cards, PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat
How long must I wait for my Rwanda e-visa to be issued?
It depends on which processing time you select for your application. iVisa gives you three options so that the Rwanda visa arrives precisely when you need it.
- Standard processing – 7 business days
- Rush processing – 2 business days
- Super Rush processing – 24 hours
How much will I be charged for a Rwanda e-visa?
The price of a Rwanda visa is established by the processing time you choose for your application. Keep in mind that the costs contain service fees.
- Standard – USD 50.00
- Rush – USD 50.00
- Super Rush – USD 50.00
How long is the Rwanda e-visa valid for and how much time can I remain in Rwanda?
The Rwanda visa is valid for Single Entry, and you can stay in Rwanda for up to 30 days Per Entry.
What is the Rwanda East Africa visa?
As a Micronesian citizen, you also have the option of applying for a Rwanda East Africa visa. With this document, you will be able to travel to Rwanda, but to Kenya and Uganda as well. That way, if you want to visit all three countries on one trip, you do not have to obtain three different visas. You only need the Rwanda East Africa visa. However, for this scheme to work, you must enter Rwanda first.
What do I need to apply for a Rwanda East Africa Visa?
In addition to the documents and information you need to for a Rwanda visa, you will also have to put together the following:
- A travel itinerary
- Vaccination certificate for Yellow Fever
- Return flight ticket
- A contact in Uganda – this can be a person, a travel agency, an organization, etc.
What is the Rwanda East Africa Visa processing time and fees?
Just like with the Rwanda visa, the cost of a Rwanda East Africa visa depends on the processing time you select for your application. You are given three options this time too.
- Standard processing – your travel document is ready within 6 business days, and you must pay USD 100.00 for it
- Rush processing – your application is processed within 4 business days, and the cost is USD 100.00
- Super Rush processing – your Rwanda East Africa visa arrives within 2 business days, and you are charged USD 100.00
What is the validity, number of entries, and duration of stay for a Rwanda East Africa Visa?
The Rwanda East Africa Visa has a validity of 90 days after arrival after arrival. You are given Multiple Entry, and you can stay at your destination for a period that cannot exceed 90 days Per Entry per entry.