If you are planning to take a trip to Rwanda for tourism purposes, then chances are that you need to obtain a visa in advance. Nevertheless, you should know that Rwanda allows all non-visa exempt nationalities to apply for a Rwanda visa online. iVisa can help with the online application process. To learn more about the electronic visa for Rwanda, read the information we put together for you below.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
Can the citizens of Moldova apply for a Rwanda visa online?
Yes, as a Moldovan citizen, you can get a Rwanda visa online.
What do I need to apply for a Rwanda e-visa?
Not much. The Rwanda visa is not a demanding document to get. For a successful application process, you need to put together the following:
- Passport – check its expiry date to make sure it is valid for another 6 months after arrival and has at least one blank page
- Photo – taken recently and on a white background
- E-mail address – your Rwanda e-visa is sent via e-mail in PDF format.
- Means of payment – iVisa accepts credit or debit cards, PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat
How long must I wait for my Rwanda e-visa to be issued?
It is up to you. iVisa gives you three processing time options so that you can receive your Rwanda visa exactly when you need it. Here is what you can opt for:
- Standard processing – 7 Business Days
- Rush processing – 2 Business Days
- Super Rush processing – 1 Business Day
How much will I be charged for a Rwanda e-visa?
The cost of a Rwanda visa is determined by the processing time you select for your application. The prices below include the service fees:
- Standard – USD 50.00
- Rush – USD 50.00
- Super Rush – USD 50.00
How long is the Rwanda e-visa valid for and how much time can I remain in Rwanda?
The Rwanda visa is valid for Single Entry, and the maximum period of stay is of 30 days Per Entry.
What is the Rwanda East Africa visa?
As a Moldovan national, you also have the opportunity to apply for a Rwanda East Africa visa. With this document, you will be able to enter Rwanda, Kenya, and Uganda. It is ideal if you wish to visit all three countries on one trip. However, you should know that the Rwanda East Africa Visa is not valid unless you enter Rwanda first.
What do I need to apply for a Rwanda East Africa Visa?
You take what is required for a Rwanda visa, and then you add the following documents:
- A travel itinerary
- Vaccination certificate for Yellow Fever
- Return flight ticket
- A contact in Uganda – this can be a person, a travel agency, an organization, etc.
What is the Rwanda East Africa Visa processing time and fees?
The amount you will be charged for a Rwanda East Africa visa depends, once more, on the processing time of your application. iVisa gives you three options this time as well.
- Standard processing – your travel document is ready within 6 Business Days, and you must pay USD 100.00 for it
- Rush processing – your application is processed within 4 Business Days, and the cost is USD 100.00
- Super Rush processing – your Rwanda East Africa visa arrives within 2 Business Days, and you are charged USD 100.00
What is the validity, number of entries, and duration of stay for a Rwanda East Africa Visa?
The Rwanda East Africa Visa has a validity period of 90 days after arrival after arrival. It grants Multiple Entry, and your stay is limited to 90 days Per Entry per entry.