Are you traveling to Rwanda anytime in the near future? Then you probably already know that you may need a visa to enter the country. Except if you are visa exempt, of course. But according to the visa policy of Rwanda, all non-visa exempt nationalities have the opportunity to apply online for a Rwanda visa. With iVisa, you will enjoy a short and simple online application process. To learn more about the Rwanda e-visa, read the information below.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
Can the citizens of Monaco apply for a Rwanda visa online?
Yes, the citizens of Monaco are among those who can apply for a Rwanda visa online.
What do I need to apply for a Rwanda e-visa?
To successfully apply for a Rwanda visa, you need to put together some information and a few documents. As you will see, the list of requirements contains nothing out of the ordinary. You will need the following:
- Passport – check its expiry date to make sure it is valid for another 6 months after arrival and has at least one blank page
- Photo – taken recently and on a white background
- E-mail address – your Rwanda e-visa is sent via e-mail in PDF format.
- Means of payment – iVisa accepts credit or debit cards, PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat
How long must I wait for my Rwanda e-visa to be issued?
It depends on the processing time of your application. When you apply for a Rwanda visa online, iVisa gives you the opportunity to choose the timeframe in which your application is processed. You can opt for one of the following:
- Standard processing – 7 business days
- Rush processing – 2 business days
- Super Rush processing – 24 hours
How much will I be charged for a Rwanda e-visa?
The amount you will be charged for a Rwanda visa depends on the processing time you choose for your application. Therefore:
- Standard – USD 50.00
- Rush – USD 50.00
- Super Rush – USD 50.00
The prices above already include the service fees.
How long is the Rwanda e-visa valid for and how much time can I remain in Rwanda?
The Rwanda visa is valid for Single Entry, and your stay is limited to 30 days Per Entry.
What is the Rwanda East Africa visa?
The citizens of Monaco can also apply for a Rwanda East Africa visa. The document ensures entry in Rwanda, but in Kenya and Uganda as well. So, if you want to visit all three countries on one trip, you do not have to obtain three separate visas. The Rwanda East Africa visa is enough. However, for this type of visa to be valid, you need to enter Rwanda first.
What do I need to apply for a Rwanda East Africa Visa?
In addition to the requirements you must fulfill for the Rwanda visa, you will need the following documents as well:
- A travel itinerary
- Vaccination certificate for Yellow Fever
- Return flight ticket
- A contact in Uganda – this can be a person, a travel agency, an organization, etc.
What is the Rwanda East Africa Visa processing time and fees?
The price of a Rwanda East Africa visa is determined by the processing time of your application. Once again, iVisa provides you with three options:
- Standard processing – your travel document is ready within 6 business days, and you must pay USD 100.00 for it
- Rush processing – your application is processed within 4 business days, and the cost is USD 100.00
- Super Rush processing – your Rwanda East Africa visa arrives within 2 business days, and you are charged USD 100.00
What is the validity, number of entries, and duration of stay for a Rwanda East Africa Visa?
The validity of a Rwanda East Africa Visa is of 90 days after arrival after arrival. It covers Multiple Entry, and your stay cannot exceed 90 days Per Entry per entry.