Traveling to Rwanda takes a lot of planning, but one of the things you need to take care of first is the visa. You most likely need to obtain one. However, Rwanda adopted the electronic visa system in 2018, meaning that all non-visa exempt nationalities are given the opportunity to apply for a Rwanda visa online. With iVisa, you will enjoy a swift and straightforward application process. To learn more about the Rwanda e-visa, read the answers to the most commonly asked questions below.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
Can the citizens of Mongolia apply for a Rwanda visa online?
Yes, as a Mongolian citizen, you can obtain a Rwanda visa online.
What do I need to apply for a Rwanda e-visa?
As you will see, getting a Rwanda visa online is not as frustrating as at an embassy. You only need to meet a handful of requirements, and most of them are easy to acquire. Here is what you will need:
- Passport – check its expiry date to make sure it is valid for another 6 months after arrival and has at least one blank page
- Photo – taken recently and on a white background
- E-mail address – your Rwanda e-visa is sent via e-mail in PDF format.
- Means of payment – iVisa accepts credit or debit cards, PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat
How long must I wait for my Rwanda e-visa to be issued?
It depends on which option you choose when it comes to processing time. iVisa provides you with three choices so that your Rwanda visa can be available for use right when you need it. Here is what you can opt for:
- Standard processing – 7 days
- Rush processing – 7 days
- Super Rush processing – 24 hours
How much will I be charged for a Rwanda e-visa?
The cost of a Rwanda visa is established by the processing time you choose for your application. The costs, which include service fees, are as follows:
- Standard – USD 30.00
- Rush – USD 30.00
- Super Rush – USD 30.00
How long is the Rwanda e-visa valid for and how much time can I remain in Rwanda?
The Rwanda visa is valid for Single Entry, and you can stay in Rwanda for no more than 30 days Per Entry.
What is the Rwanda East Africa visa?
As a Mongolian citizen, you qualify for a Rwanda East Africa visa as well. With this type of visa, you can enter Rwanda, but Kenya and Uganda as well. It comes in handy if you decide to visit all three countries on one trip. But please be aware of the fact that for the Rwanda East Africa visa to be valid, you must enter Rwanda first.
What do I need to apply for a Rwanda East Africa Visa?
Besides the requirements you must meet for the Rwanda visa, you must also have at hand the following:
- A travel itinerary
- Vaccination certificate for Yellow Fever
- Return flight ticket
- A contact in Uganda – this can be a person, a travel agency, an organization, etc.
What are the Rwanda East Africa Visa processing time and fees?
The money you spend on a Rwanda East Africa visa is directly related to the processing time of your application. Again, iVisa gives you three options:
- Standard processing – your travel document is ready within 6 days, and you must pay USD 100.00 for it
- Rush processing – your application is processed within 4 days, and the cost is USD 100.00
- Super Rush processing – your Rwanda East Africa visa arrives within 48 hours, and you are charged USD 100.00
What are the validity, number of entries, and duration of stay for a Rwanda East Africa Visa?
The Rwanda East Africa Visa has a validity period of 90 days after arrival after arrival. It grants Multiple Entry, and your stay cannot exceed 90 days Per Entry per entry.