Are you planning to take a trip to Rwanda? Then you should probably know that you may need to obtain a visa in advance. The only way you can skip this is if you are visa exempt. However, since Rwanda adopted the electronic visa in 2018, you are given the opportunity to apply online for a Rwanda visa. iVisa can facilitate the process. To learn more about the Rwanda e-visa, we suggest that you read the info presented below.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
Can the citizens of Montenegro apply for a Rwanda visa online?
Yes, Montenegrin nationals can apply for a Rwanda visa online.
What do I need to apply for a Rwanda e-visa?
The online application process for a Rwanda visa is far less demanding than the one you may come across at an embassy. Even so, you still need to put together everything that is required, which is as follows:
- Passport – check its expiry date to make sure it is valid for another 6 months after arrival and has at least one blank page
- Photo – taken recently and on a white background
- E-mail address – your Rwanda e-visa is sent via e-mail in PDF format.
- Means of payment – iVisa accepts credit or debit cards, PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat
How long must I wait for my Rwanda e-visa to be issued?
It depends on the processing time of your application. When you apply online for a Rwanda visa using the services provided by iVisa, you are given a choice. Here are your options:
- Standard processing – 7 days
- Rush processing – 48 hours
- Super Rush processing – 24 hours
How much will I be charged for a Rwanda e-visa?
The cost of a Rwanda visa depends on your choice of processing time. The prices are listed above and include the service fees:
- Standard – USD 30.00
- Rush – USD 30.00
- Super Rush – USD 30.00
How long is the Rwanda e-visa valid for and how much time can I remain in Rwanda?
The Rwanda visa is valid for Single Entry, and the maximum duration of stay is of 30 days Per Entry.
What is the Rwanda East Africa visa?
As a Montenegrin citizen, you also have the possibility to apply for a Rwanda East Africa visa. With this document, you can enter Rwanda, but Kenya and Uganda too. This solution is ideal if you want to visit all three states on one trip. That way, you are not required to apply for three different visas. Even so, remember that for this type of visa to be valid, you need to enter Rwanda first.
What do I need to apply for a Rwanda East Africa Visa?
In addition to everything you put together for a Rwanda visa, you will also need the following documents:
- A travel itinerary
- Vaccination certificate for Yellow Fever
- Return flight ticket
- A contact in Uganda – this can be a person, a travel agency, an organization, etc.
What are the Rwanda East Africa Visa processing time and fees?
Once more, the cost of your Rwanda East Africa visa depends on the processing time of your application. iVisa gives you three choices this time around as well:
- Standard processing – your travel document is ready within 6 days, and you must pay USD 100.00 for it
- Rush processing – your application is processed within 4 days, and the cost is USD 100.00
- Super Rush processing – your Rwanda East Africa visa arrives within 48 hours, and you are charged USD 100.00
What are the validity, number of entries, and duration of stay for a Rwanda East Africa Visa?
The Rwanda East Africa Visa is valid for 90 days after arrival after arrival, and it grants Multiple Entry. Your stay cannot exceed 90 days Per Entry per entry.