Planning a trip to Rwanda may seem like a complicated process, but it does not have to be. For example, you may need to obtain a visa in advance (unless you are visa exempt), but did you know that Rwanda issues electronic visas for all non-visa exempt nationalities? Using the services provided by iVisa, you can apply for a Rwanda visa online. Do you want to learn more about the Rwanda e-visa? Read the answers to the most frequently asked questions below.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
Can the citizens of Mozambique apply for a Rwanda visa online?
Yes, the citizens of Mozambique can apply for a Rwanda visa online.
What do I need to apply for a Rwanda e-visa?
You will notice that the list of requirements for a Rwanda visa is short, and most of the items on it are easy to acquire. For a successful online application process, you must put together the following:
- Passport – check its expiry date to make sure it is valid for another 6 months after arrival and has at least one blank page
- Photo – taken recently and on a white background
- E-mail address – your Rwanda e-visa is sent via e-mail in PDF format.
- Means of payment – iVisa accepts credit or debit cards, PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat
How long must I wait for my Rwanda e-visa to be issued?
Not long. Plus, you get to choose the timeframe in which you receive your Rwanda visa. That is because iVisa gives you three options when it comes to processing. Here they are:
- Standard processing – 7 business days
- Rush processing – 2 business days
- Super Rush processing – 24 hours
How much will I be charged for a Rwanda e-visa?
The cost of your Rwanda visa is influenced by the processing time of your application. Therefore, each option comes with its own fee.
- Standard – USD 50.00
- Rush – USD 50.00
- Super Rush – USD 50.00
The prices above include the service fees.
How long is the Rwanda e-visa valid for and how much time can I remain in Rwanda?
The Rwanda visa is valid for Single Entry, and the period you can stay in Rwanda cannot exceed 30 days Per Entry.
What is the Rwanda East Africa visa?
With a Rwanda East Africa visa, the holder can visit Rwanda, Kenya, and Uganda without having to apply for three separate visas. The citizens of Mozambique are eligible for this visa as well. However, please keep in mind that for this scheme to work, you need to use the Rwanda East Africa visa to enter Rwanda first.
What do I need to apply for a Rwanda East Africa Visa?
In addition to the document and info you need for a Rwanda visa, you must also provide the following:
- A travel itinerary
- Vaccination certificate for Yellow Fever
- Return flight ticket
- A contact in Uganda – this can be a person, a travel agency, an organization, etc.
What are the Rwanda East Africa Visa processing time and fees?
Once more, the cost of your Rwanda East Africa visa is given by the processing time of your application. iVisa gives you three choices:
- Standard processing – your travel document is ready within 6 business days, and you must pay USD 100.00 for it
- Rush processing – your application is processed within 4 business days, and the cost is USD 100.00
- Super Rush processing – your Rwanda East Africa visa arrives within 2 business days, and you are charged USD 100.00
What are the validity, number of entries, and duration of stay for a Rwanda East Africa Visa?
The Rwanda East Africa Visa is valid for 90 days after arrival after arrival. It covers Multiple Entry, and each stay cannot go over 90 days Per Entry.