When you decide that you wish to spend your vacation in Rwanda, one of the things on your mind should be the fact that you need a visa to cross its borders. That is, of course, unless you are exempt from getting one. However, you will be pleased to know that Rwanda has an electronic visa system in place, which means that you can apply for a Rwanda visa online. To learn more details about the Rwanda e-visa, you can read the information we provided for you below.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
Can the citizens of Myanmar apply for a Rwanda visa online?
Yes, Burmese citizens can apply for a Rwanda visa online.
What do I need to apply for a Rwanda e-visa?
The list of requirements for a Rwanda visa is short, and it contains nothing out of the ordinary. Here is what you must put together for a successful online application process:
- Passport – check its expiry date to make sure it is valid for another 6 months after arrival and has at least one blank page
- Photo – taken recently and on a white background
- E-mail address – your Rwanda e-visa is sent via e-mail in PDF format.
- Means of payment – iVisa accepts credit or debit cards, PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat
How long must I wait for my Rwanda e-visa to be issued?
As long as you decide. How is that possible? When it comes to the processing time of your application. iVisa gives you three options. That way, you can choose for your Rwanda visa within the most convenient timeframe for you.
- Standard processing – 7 business days
- Rush processing – 7 business days
- Super Rush processing – 24 hours
How much will I be charged for a Rwanda e-visa?
It depends on what option you choose when it comes to processing time. The prices are listed below and include the service fees.
- Standard – USD 50.00
- Rush – USD 50.00
- Super Rush – USD 50.00
How long is the Rwanda e-visa valid for and how much time can I remain in Rwanda?
The Rwanda visa is valid for Single Entry, and you can stay in Rwanda for up to 30 days Per Entry.
What is the Rwanda East Africa visa?
The citizens of Myanmar also qualify for a Rwanda East Africa visa. If you hold this type of visa, you will be able to enter Rwanda, Kenya, and Uganda, which is incredibly convenient when you wish to go to all three states on one trip. However, you should know that you must enter Rwanda first for this document to be valid.
What do I need to apply for a Rwanda East Africa Visa?
Along with the requirements you have to fulfill for a Rwanda visa, you must gather the following as well:
- A travel itinerary
- Vaccination certificate for Yellow Fever
- Return flight ticket
- A contact in Uganda – this can be a person, a travel agency, an organization, etc.
What are the Rwanda East Africa Visa processing time and fees?
The cost of a Rwanda East Africa visa is determined by the processing time you choose for your application. Again, iVisa gives you three options:
- Standard processing – your travel document is ready within 6 business days, and you must pay USD 100.00 for it
- Rush processing – your application is processed within 4 business days, and the cost is USD 100.00
- Super Rush processing – your Rwanda East Africa visa arrives within 2 business days, and you are charged USD 100.00
What are the validity, number of entries, and duration of stay for a Rwanda East Africa Visa?
The validity of a Rwanda East Africa Visa is of 90 days after arrival after arrival. It covers Multiple Entry, and you stay is limited to 90 days Per Entry per entry.