Do you plan to spend your vacation in Rwanda? Then you probably need to obtain a visa in advance. But we are pleased to inform you that Rwanda has an electronic visa system, meaning that you are given the possibility to apply for a Rwanda visa online. iVisa can help with the application process. Read the information presented below to learn more about the Rwanda e-visa.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
Can the citizens of Namibia apply for a Rwanda visa online?
Yes, Namibian citizens have access to a Rwanda visa online.
What do I need to apply for a Rwanda e-visa?
As you will notice, the list of requirements for a Rwanda e-visa is short and contains nothing out of the ordinary. You should have an easy time putting together the following:
- Passport – check its expiry date to make sure it is valid for another 6 months after arrival and has at least one blank page
- Photo – taken recently and on a white background
- E-mail address – your Rwanda e-visa is sent via e-mail in PDF format.
- Means of payment – iVisa accepts credit or debit cards, PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat
How long must I wait for my Rwanda e-visa to be issued?
the amount of time you must wait for your Rwanda visa to be issued depends on the processing time of your application. You get to choose among three options:
- Standard processing – 7 business days
- Rush processing – 2 business days
- Super Rush processing – 24 hours
How much will I be charged for a Rwanda e-visa?
The cost of a Rwanda visa depends on the processing time of your application. Basically, you get to choose how much you spend. The prices are listed below and include the service fees:
- Standard – USD 30.00
- Rush – USD 30.00
- Super Rush – USD 30.00
How long is the Rwanda e-visa valid for and how much time can I remain in Rwanda?
The Rwanda visa is valid for Single Entry, and you can stay in Rwanda for no more than 30 days Per Entry.
What is the Rwanda East Africa visa?
Namibian nationals can also apply for a Rwanda East Africa visa. If you hold this document, you can enter Rwanda, Kenya, and Uganda, which is incredibly convenient if you want to visit all three countries on one trip. But you should know that this visa is only valid if you enter Rwanda first.
What do I need to apply for a Rwanda East Africa Visa?
In addition to what you need for a Rwanda visa, you must also have at hand the following:
- A travel itinerary
- Vaccination certificate for Yellow Fever
- Return flight ticket
- A contact in Uganda – this can be a person, a travel agency, an organization, etc.
What are the Rwanda East Africa Visa processing time and fees?
The price of a Rwanda East Africa visa is established by the option you choose when it comes to selecting a processing time for your application. Once again, iVisa gives you three choices:
- Standard processing – your travel document is ready within 6 business days, and you must pay USD 100.00 for it
- Rush processing – your application is processed within 4 business days, and the cost is USD 100.00
- Super Rush processing – your Rwanda East Africa visa arrives within 2 business days, and you are charged USD 100.00
What are the validity, number of entries, and duration of stay for a Rwanda East Africa Visa?
The Rwanda East Africa Visa is valid for 90 days after arrival after arrival. It grants you Multiple Entry, and you can stay at your destination for no more than 90 days Per Entry per entry.