In case you decide that you want to travel to Rwanda for tourism purposes, you should be aware of the fact that you may need a visa in advance. Fortunately, according to Rwanda’s visa policy, all non-visa exempt nationalities can apply for a Rwanda visa online. Consequently, you can too. To learn more about the electronic visa for Rwanda, we invite you to read the answers to the most commonly asked questions below.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
Can the citizens of Nauru apply for a Rwanda visa online?
Yes, Nauruan citizens can obtain a Rwanda visa online.
What do I need to apply for a Rwanda e-visa?
The list of requirements for a Rwanda visa is not extensive. Plus, all the items on it are pretty easy to acquire. Here is what you need for a successful application process:
- Passport – check its expiry date to make sure it is valid for another 6 months after arrival and has at least one blank page
- Photo – taken recently and on a white background
- E-mail address – your Rwanda e-visa is sent via e-mail in PDF format.
- Means of payment – iVisa accepts credit or debit cards, PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat
How long must I wait for my Rwanda e-visa to be issued?
Your Rwanda visa arrives depending on which option you select when it comes to the processing time of your application. iVisa gives you three choices so that you can choose the one that best suits your needs. They are as follows:
- Standard processing – 7 Business Days
- Rush processing – 2 Business Days
- Super Rush processing – 1 Business Day
How much will I be charged for a Rwanda e-visa?
The cost of a Rwanda visa is determined by the processing time you choose for your application. The prices below include the service fees:
- Standard – USD 50.00
- Rush – USD 50.00
- Super Rush – USD 50.00
How long is the Rwanda e-visa valid for and how much time can I remain in Rwanda?
The Rwanda visa is valid for Single Entry, and the maximum duration of stay is of 30 days Per Entry.
What is the Rwanda East Africa visa?
As a Nauruan citizen, you can also obtain a Rwanda East Africa visa. With this type of visa, you can travel to Rwanda, but to Kenya and Uganda as well. It is incredibly convenient in case you want to visit all these countries on one trip. But what you must remember is that this type of visa is not valid unless you enter Rwanda first.
What do I need to apply for a Rwanda East Africa Visa?
Along with the documents and information you must put together for a Rwanda visa, you will need the following as well:
- A travel itinerary
- Vaccination certificate for Yellow Fever
- Return flight ticket
- A contact in Uganda – this can be a person, a travel agency, an organization, etc.
What are the Rwanda East Africa Visa processing time and fees?
The amount you will spend on a Rwanda East Africa visa is established by the processing time of your application. Once more, iVisa provides three options:
- Standard processing – your travel document is ready within 6 Business Days, and you must pay USD 100.00 for it
- Rush processing – your application is processed within 4 Business Days, and the cost is USD 100.00
- Super Rush processing – your Rwanda East Africa visa arrives within 2 Business Days, and you are charged USD 100.00
What are the validity, number of entries, and duration of stay for a Rwanda East Africa Visa?
The Rwanda East Africa Visa has a validity period of 90 days after arrival after arrival. It covers Multiple Entry,you’re your stay is limited to 90 days Per Entry per entry.